Job Req ID: 655421
Position Number: 00144625
Employment Type: Part Time
Shift: Variable/On Call
Shift Details: M-F, 8:00 – 16:30 / Weekday Nights and Weekend Call Rotation Required
Standard Hours: 30.00
Department Name: Cardiology – Pediatric
Location: SHVI MCP – Pcard
Location Details: MCP: 1001 Blythe Blvd. Suit 200D
Our mission is to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit atriumhealth.org/about-us.
Independently performs pediatric echocardiogram and provides timely preliminary report on patients including premature infants, neonates, children, adolescents, and adults referred for evaluation of suspected or known congenital heart disease.
Sanger Heart & Vascular Institute MCP – Pediatrics is part of Atrium Health Levine Children's.
- Performs echocardiographic procedures of common congenital heart diseases according to standards set by the Pediatric Echocardiography Laboratory and consistently achieves accurate, quality information while following procedural guidelines and protocols.
- Independently obtains image and Doppler information required to define complex congenital heart disorders for patients referred for evaluation of non-corrected anatomy and function and/or evaluation of surgical reconstruction or repair, or placement of prosthetic devices using echocardiographic modalities such as: 2D, Color Flow, Doppler and TDI.
- Collaborates with attending physician and supervising physician to ensure quality patient care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and use of equipment necessary to perform echocardiograms. Documents when standards and protocols cannot be followed.
- Assists in the coordination and participation in Outreach services.
- Initiates and maintains orderly and complete departmental records. Prepares and delivers preliminary reports an appropriate manner and informs appropriate personnel of significant findings.
- Prepares and delivers preliminary reports an appropriate manner and informs appropriate personnel of significant findings.
- May perform role of a preceptor by teaching new or needed skills to staff and students upon request.
- Attends departmental and interdepartmental meetings as required.
- Participates in accreditation process including quality assurance, ranging from collection of data to implementing process improvement
- Assists in preparation of echocardiography materials for case conferences, CQI meetings, research and educational presentations upon request.
- Attends educational presentations of journal articles or attendance to clinical based workshop as needed.
- Provides assistance, guidance and equipment preparation for TEE, OR and Cath lab echoes during a variety of interventional procedures or surgeries.
- Assists with correlation of findings with reported or anticipated results from prior fetal echo studies.
General hospital environment with possible exposure to infectious/contagious disease and hazardous materials. Environment is climate controlled. Light to moderate physical requirements with frequent walking, standing, stooping and reaching. Lifting of up to 50 lbs. of weight with assistance. Pushing and pulling of up to 25 lbs.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Meets all requirements of Echocardiography Tech Peds I and Echocardiography Tech Peds II ladder criteria. Current and successful completion of BLS required. Diploma from an accredited school of ultrasound OR an Associate degree. Five (5) years of experience as a pediatric cardiac sonographer required. Requires the following certifications: Registered Diagnostic Cardiology Sonographer (RDCS) in Pediatric Echo by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) ï¿½ or Registered Congenital Cardiovascular Sonographer (RCS) by Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI). Ability to operate expertly the ultrasound equipment with specialized Cardiology software and a desktop computer is required. Advance knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy, physiology and pathology as related to cardiac circulation required.
At Atrium Health, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer