A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you’ve been hungry and away from home, chances are you’ve tasted Compass Group’s delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 225,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.
Compass Group, the world’s leading contract foodservice and support service company and #1 rated large employer by the Charlotte Observer in 2018, has a Great Opportunity for career development and growth as a Payroll Garnishment Specialist.
- Accurately interpret garnishment orders and other court documents to ensure proper handling to avoid liability
- Initial setup of deductions for garnishments and wage attachments per federal and state garnishment laws and regulations
- Perform weekly reconciliation of deductions to payments to the general ledger
- Complete garnishment work orders and faxes within 5 day SLA (AZ – 3 day SLA)
- Process answer letters as required by state and federal law
- Process special state handling as assigned to ensure compliance
- Research returned checks and missed payments or discrepancies from inquiring agencies
- Compliance audit of federal and state garnishment laws and regulations semi annually and ongoing review of updates to ensure rules in SAP are accurate
- Completion of daily audits prior to payroll running
- Maintain various garnishment databases
- Timely completion of termination notifications, releases and those not found in our payroll system
- Process timely refunds to associates for over deduction and special pays to agencies to mitigate risk to the company
- Timely written and verbal communication with court officers (federal and state), creditors, unit managers and associates
- Contact unit manager/associates via telephone and/or email for clarification of issues and resolution when necessary
- Ensure checks are sorted by vendor weekly and delivered to the mailroom
- Recommend process improvement opportunities and audit suggestions
- Properly scan and index associate documents and purge files for offsite storage semiannually
- Provide excellent customer service to all internal and external customers
- Perform other compliance projects or tasks as assigned which may include providing support to other areas within the payroll department
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; business or accounting preferred
- Strong Garnishment experience preferred
- Knowledge of SAP Payroll a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, prioritize and achieve results in a multi-tasked environment
- Proficient with MS office products
- Highly organized and detailed
- Strong reconciliation skills
Apply to Compass Group today!
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 328545