Job Req ID: 637101
Position Number: 00114628
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: 7:30am-5:30pm (M-F) with 1/2 off each week
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: Family Practice Center
Location: UPN – Union Primary Care
Location Details: 5955 Weddington Rd Wesley Chapel, NC 28104
Our mission is to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit atriumhealth.org/about-us.
Our team members are part of an environment that fosters health, hope and healing-for all, driven by the principles of Our Atrium Health Way to create a welcoming and professional environment. The Patient Service Specialist will consistently provide exemplary customer service while proactively executing all front office administrative duties. It is the responsibility of every Atrium Health team member to deliver a world-class patient experience every person, every encounter, every time.
- Exemplify caring and compassionate customer service to create an excellent patient experience
- Provide exemplary interpersonal skills and ability to interact with patients and families in a wide variety of sensitive situations
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills and decisive judgment in an often-hectic environment and possess the ability to work cohesively on a team and independently with minimal supervision
- Manages patient registration, insurance verification, scheduling, collection and cash receipting, arrival and/or departure desk activities according to standards and guidelines ensuring accuracy and an outstanding patient experience
- Encourages patient utilization of front-end technology during the registration process
- Enters and maintains confidential and accurate patient information including patient insurance, billing, and payment information throughout patient encounter Assists billing functions accurately and/or directs to appropriate billing office
- Demonstrates proficiency of emergency codes and appropriate responses as well as applicable federal and state healthcare regulations
- Monitors inventory and stock medications, narcotics, and emergency medications/equipment
Must be able to sit for long periods of time and work in a fast-paced office environment. Should be able to bend and lift up to 10 lbs.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED require. Computer experience required. Customer relations experience required. Experience with Medical Records Software preferred, Front desk practice experience preferred.
At Atrium Health, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer