Job Req ID: 664901
Position Number: 00169517
Employment Type: Part Time
Shift: Variable/On Call
Shift Details: PRN variable shifts
Standard Hours: 4.00
Department Name: Patient Safety Attendants
Location: Atrium Health Lincoln
Location Details: 433 MCAlister Rd, Lincolnton NC 28092
Our mission is to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit atriumhealth.org/about-us.
Assists in maintaining a safe environment and remains with the patient at all times to provide on-going observation of the patient and alert the nursing staff as patient care needs arise. The Patient Safety Attendant performs all job responsibilities in a safe manner, functioning under the supervision of the Registered Nurse.
- Maintain a safe environment and remain with patient always to provide the appropriate level of observation to patient as delegated by the Registered Nurse.
- Appropriately document information that is required during the patient observation experience.
- Perform handoff communication with the Registered Nurse regarding pertinent patient information.
- Assist nursing team in maintaining a ligature-resistant or ligature free environment as appropriate to the clinical setting.
- Notify and update the licensed nurse of immediate patient safety, patient care, and staff needs.
- Fosters positive and professional communication between patients and staff.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak and understand English in good understandable terms. Must have manual and finger dexterity. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch.
Education, Experience and Certifications.
High school diploma or GED required. Previous hospital experience preferred. Basic Life Support Certification required. CPI certification required prior to conducting patient observation.
At Atrium Health, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer