Job Req ID: 236435
Position Number: 00150920
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift: Variable/On Call
Shift Details: 7p-7a days will vary
Standard Hours: 36.00
Department Name: Patient Safety Attendants
Location: Atrium Health Lincoln
Location Details: 433 McAllister Rn, Lincolnton NC 28092
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Assists in maintaining a safe environment and remains with patient at all times to provide on-going observation of the patient and alert the nursing staff as patient care needs arise. Performs all related job responsibilities in a safe manner, functioning under the supervision of the Registered Nurse.
- Assists in maintaining a safe environment and remains with patient at all times to provide on-going observation of the patient and alert the nursing staff as patient care needs arise.
- Performs all related job responsibilities in a safe manner, functioning under the supervision of the Registered Nurse.
- Observes the patient at the bedside.
- Calls for assistance and notifies the nurse of immediate patient or staff needs.
- Assists in preparing food trays as needed.
- Provides assistance at mealtime by setting up trays, opening food containers, cutting meat, and handing utensils to the patient.
- Assists with feeding the patient after the licensed nurse determines the diet is appropriate for the patient and there is no difficulty swallowing or anticipated untoward event.
- Provides diversional activities such as reading to patients, talking to patients, watching TV and/or listening to radio with the patient.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, bending, pushing, and pulling. May lift and carry up to 51 pounds occasionally. Must speak and understand English with the ability to communicate effectively. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. On the job training will be provided for essential responsibilities of the job. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer