Job Req ID: 563141
Position Number: 00108078
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: M – F, 8a – 4:30p
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: Pediatric Oncology
Location: Carolinas Medical Center
Location Details: 1001 Blythe Blvd, MCP 6th Floor
Our mission is to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit atriumhealth.org/about-us.
Coordinate the patient's care to increase the efficiency and quality of care that is delivered to the patient. This role will start with the time of the patient's diagnosis and will continue through the patient's journey throughout their care. Will be the patient advocate and care for them in a highly supportive and personal manner and also will serve as a liaison to ensure that patients and families receive resources and services as needed.
*This clinic is apart of Atrium Health Levine Children's Hospital.
- Provides language specific education, psychosocial support, and necessary resources for newly diagnosed patients pertinent to their specific disease, and their families, and coordinates appropriate referrals for those needed services.
- Educates and provides information to new and existing patients and families regarding diagnosis, work-up, treatments to include surgery, therapy, support services, financial issues, community resources, survivorship issues and follow-up.
- Serves as liaison for patients and families between departments.
- Ensures and coordinates (where appropriate) new patient referrals, scheduling of exams, procedures and appointments, identifies potential gaps as well as the coordination of care for patients returning to their communities for treatment and follow-up.
- Contacts every newly diagnosed patient at the time of the diagnosis.
- Assesses every new patient for emotional and social needs as well as barriers to care such as: Health insurance, transportation, etc., and refers to the needed resources.
- Identifies trend barriers to patient expedient care and will conduct service recovery as needed. Responsible for patient satisfaction.
Ability to lift objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Occasional stooping, kneeling, crouching. May require sitting/standing for long periods of time.
Education, Experience and Certifications
BSN Degree Required/MSN Preferred. Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse in North Carolina required. Certification in the appropriate specialized field within 2 years of being in the position required. Excellent communication skills required. Two years of inpatient heme/oncology experience preferred. Ambulatory heme/ oncology experience preferred. Care Coordination experience preferred. APHON biotherapy and chemotherapy provider certification.
At Atrium Health, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer