Why E. & J. Gallo Winery?
Named a Glassdoor "Best Places to Work" three years in row, we couldn't be prouder of our company culture. As the largest family-owned winery in the world with over 100+ unique wine and spirits brands, our products are synonymous with life's special occasions. Come celebrate with us! Your Talent & Gallo | A Perfect Pairing
Do you have passion for keeping our employees and products safe? We are seeking a Part Time Security Guard to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for protecting our products, while ensuring the safety & security of our campuses.
What You Will Do
- Monitor vehicle traffic entering and leaving assigned area
- Issue citations to persons operating vehicles in violation of established security and safety policies
- Identify suspicious vehicles and ID operators of the vehicles
- Monitor pedestrian traffic entering and leaving assigned area and stop suspicious persons and obtain identification
What You Need
- Required to be 18 years of age or older
- High School diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate
- Required to successfully meet all requirements, including background, for the issuance of a Bureau of Security and Investigative Services (BSIS) Guard Card
- Basic MS Word skills required
- Required to pass Graphic Literacy (entry level 4), and Business Writing (entry level 3) of WorkKeys testing
- Required to work nights, weekends and holidays as part of a rotating shift
- Required to work overtime if necessary
- Candidates for this position must have a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record. Required to obtain a California driver’s license or appropriate state driver’s license within 30 days of hire
- Maintain current CPR/AED and First Aid certification
- Required to complete Taser Training
- Required to climb stairs and ladders
- Required to stand, sit, walk or drive a vehicle for a minimum of 12 consecutive hours
- Required to frequently lift, drag or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift, drag or move more than 100 pounds
- Skilled in reading, writing, speaking and understanding the English language.
- Skilled in reading and interpreting documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- skilled in writing routine reports and correspondence
- Skilled in speaking effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
What Will Set You Apart
- Knowledge of security systems and equipment in a business environment is preferred
- Experience with Security, Law Enforcement, Military or a Criminal Justice Degree
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Job Posting ID: 66241
Equal Opportunity Employer
Gallo will consider all qualified applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, consistent with the requirements of applicable law.