Why E. & J. Gallo Winery?
Named a Glassdoor “Best Places to Work” three years in row, we couldn’t be prouder of our company culture. As the largest family-owned winery in the world with over 100+ unique wine and spirits brands, our products are synonymous with life’s special occasions. Come celebrate with us! Your Talent & Gallo | A Perfect Pairing
As a temporary Part-Time Lab Assistant in our Quality Assurance Lab and under general supervision, you will be responsible for working closely with our team of Lab Technicians and ensuring the timely processing of sample testing and analysis that support quality assurance and/or wine production activities. Your role is very critical to the quality of our wine & spirits and we need your expertise.
What You Will Do
Technical Laboratory Skills:
- Collect lab samples as necessary; prepare samples and engage in basic microbiological and/or chemical analysis
- Prepare standard laboratory solutions as needed
Other Laboratory Skills:
- Ensures that standard operating procedures are being followed pertaining to disposal of material
- Supports the recording and documentation of lab results
What You Need
- High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate
- Associate’s degree to include 1 year of college level chemistry or biology (with lab courses) OR Associates degree plus 1 year of laboratory support experience (in lieu of 1 year of college level chemistry or biology) OR 2 years of laboratory support, manufacturing quality assurance, retail customer service, or production/operations experience (in lieu of an Associate’s degree)
- Required to work day, swing or graveyard shifts as scheduled
- Required to lift and push 50 pounds
- Required to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Manual dexterity and visual acuity are required
- Candidates for this position must have a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record. Required to obtain a California driver’s license or appropriate state driver’s license within 30 days of hire
What Will Set You Apart
- Degree (Associates or Bachelors) in Chemistry, Microbiology or Food Science plus laboratory support or quality assurance experience in a manufacturing environment
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Job ID – 60709
Equal Opportunity Employer
Gallo will consider all qualified applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, consistent with the requirements of applicable law.