Requisition Number: 42019
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Position Description: Performs procedural work under the direct supervision of an attorney. Provides legal assistance and performs a variety of legal-related tasks including document preparation, review, research, and coordination. Responsible for maintaining confidential and/or client privileged information.
- Summarizes, and monitors recurring/ongoing legal matters under the direct supervision of an attorney.
- Manages intake of new matters and assists with the management of information, including locating, collecting and managing related data and documents in various electronic systems.
- Completes standard documentation templates, distributes for review, and obtains necessary approvals and signatures.
- Responds to client questions and requests with input from an attorney, as required.
- Reviews incoming documents, assists attorney to identify issues, and provides support to counsel for transactions, litigation and investigations.
- Drafts standard communication for attorney review.
- Conducts and summarizes basic research.
- Collaborates with global teams to complete work.
- Coordinates filings and registration of documents with government agencies.
- Associate’s degree/equivalent education, or equivalent work experience.
- Successful track record of performance in previous work experiences.
- 1-4 years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Paralegal certification.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization ability.
- Strong interpersonal and communication ability.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to work independently, within a team, and with individuals at all levels.
- Willing to take on additional responsibilities and acquire new skills as needed.
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours when necessary.
- Establish amicable relationships with all level and maintains an approachable and available office environment.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously, work efficiently and effectively in a dynamic environment.
- Proactive, demonstrated ability to make independent decisions.
- Eagar to take on additional responsibilities outside normal scope of position.
- Comfortable sharing responsibility in a team environment.
- Skilled people management approach to address conflicts, communication clearly, and work together for effective outcomes.
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.