Req. ID: 225461
Micron Technology’s vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life and our commitment to people, innovation, tenacity, collaboration, and customer focus allows us to fulfill our mission to be a global leader in memory and storage solutions. This means conducting business with integrity, accountability, and professionalism while supporting our global community.
As a Package Design Engineer within the Advanced Package Technology Development team for Micron Technology, you will provide package definition and designs for advanced semiconductor devices. You will be working with a cross-functional team across several geographies to create package design databases such as package stack-up, simulation, route-study, substrate/lead frame layout, wire bond diagrams, and other design documentation. You will be required to complete design activities within the project schedule and ensure that design outputs are within Assembly and vendor capability.
Responsibilities include the following, but not limited to:
Design Coordination and Management
- Support feasibility studies and risk assessment for various package options
- Interact with and support die design to enable silicon architecture development
- Interact with key Business Unit stakeholders and assembly subcontractor partners to recommend package solutions to meet customer and/or market requirements
- Support package technology development, including material selection, process development, DOEs, and related activities
- Support packaging IP development
- Provide design support for thermal/mechanical/electrical simulation analysis
- Support the design group’s continuous improvement efforts
- Support global design alignment activities
- Contribute to package design rules and system development
- Contribute to package roadmaps
- Contribute to the Competitive Analysis review process
Create Package Designs
- Support die padslog layout/optimization
- Design for optimum electrical performance, manufacturability, and package reliability
- Perform cross-functional team design reviews (Manufacturing, Die Design, Product Engineering, SI/PI analysis, etc.)
- Execute interposer supplier design reviews in a timely and efficient manner
- Perform direct design reviews with assembly subcontractor design teams
- Participate in the DFMEA process
- Maintain familiarity with documentation workflows
- Ensure accurate and timely update of all design documents and related information into the Package Design Tracker
- Provide accurate information to the CAD group for the following drawings: Marketing Drawings, Manufacturing Drawings, Package Outline Drawings, Interposer Drawings, and Wire Bond Diagrams
Contribute to a Safety Compliant Work Environment
- Identify and promptly report hazards
- Follow safety procedures and area work rule
- Operate and maintain equipment and tools within manufacturer and company guidelines
- Use proper lifting techniques and work in an ergonomically correct manner
- PhDEE (preferred) or MSEE with 3 years of industry or curriculum-based semiconductor packaging experience within the following areas:
- Controller and/or Advanced Memory Substrate Design (flip chip / wire bond)
- PCB Design
- Signal/Power Integrity Analysis/Optimization
- Cadence and AutoCAD tools
- Assembly Process/Materials
- Assembly DOE definition/management
- Product Engineering
- Quality and Reliability
- Good computer skills and proficient in MS Office
- CAD experience (Cadence and AutoCAD preferred)
- Detail orientated
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interact and work in a team environment
- Advanced electrical circuit knowledge
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and schematics
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Travel as required
As the leader in innovative memory solutions, Micron is helping the world make sense of data by delivering technology that is transforming how the world uses information. Through our global brands — Micron, Crucial and Ballistix — we offer the industry’s broadest portfolio. We are the only company manufacturing today’s major memory and storage technologies: DRAM, NAND, NOR and 3D XPoint™ memory. Our solutions are purpose built to leverage the value of data to unlock financial insights, accelerate scientific breakthroughs and enhance communication around the world.
Employee Rewards Program, Healthcare, Paid time off (Combined Sick and Vacation Time), Retirement savings plans, Paid maternity/paternity leave, Employee Assistance Program, Professional development training, Workplace wellness programs, Micron Health Clinic (Boise only), Fitness Center / Activity rooms (Boise only), Tuition Reimbursement, Micron Corporate Discounts, Casual Dress attire.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members’ disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: Boise || Idaho (US-ID) || United States (US) || Backend Manufacturing || Experienced || Regular || Engineering || #LI-RJ1 ||