LOC_ABRAMSON-Abramson Building Req ID: 82671
Employment Status: Regular – Full Time
The Outpatient Coordinator is responsible for receiving incoming calls, scheduling outpatient appointments, insurance verification, referral/authorization/pre-certification work, checking-out patients during office hours and making follow up appointments.
- Appropriately schedules outpatient appointments – ensuring correct provider, location and visit type are selected. Creates referral shells and attaches coverages to the appointments.
- Assist with patient flow and address clinic delays, inform families of delays
- Completes accurate registration, verifying current insurance information, correcting discrepancies, discussing any financial obligations patient may be responsible for (i.e. co-pay, co-insurance, etc.)
- Collaborate with divisions/clinics to prepare patients for their visit.
- Checks out patients at the end of their visit – schedules follow up appointments, collects co-pays (if required) and assists families with appointments for follow up tests if required.
- Answers phones and accurately enters phone messages into EPIC when appropriate.
- Support and provide superior service via all points of contact while maintaining department quality and production standards:
- Collaborates to deliver a seamless, exceptional patient experience in all interactions.
- Consistently uses appropriate decision making and exercises judgement at all touch points.
- Follows guidelines of schedule adherence
- Embraces a culture of customer-centric behavior and focus.
- Responds to inbound interactions utilizing the EMR to schedule and confirm patient appointments, complete patient registration:
- Ensures compliance with all divisional policies and procedures when scheduling appointments.
- Offers and activates patient portal accounts and communication options, including answering questions and resolving any user issues.
- Consistently offers wait list as an option when appropriate and utilizes wait lists to fill appointment slots.
- Timely follow up to external requests coming from TRY-CHOP and EPIC work queues for expedited appointment requests, consult requests, and IP follow up appointments.
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: High School/GED
Required Experience: 1 to 3 years’ experience in healthcare, patient registration, physician billing or medical records.
Additional Technical Requirements
- Electronic Medical Records experience preferred.
- Proven record of outstanding customer service required.
- Working knowledge of medical insurances, copay collection, referral procedures, medical terminology and ICD10.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public.
- Basic application of computers and Microsoft Applications (ie: Word and Excel).
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
Human Resources Manager
3401 Civic Center Blvd.
Philadelphia, PA 19104