Family Birthing Center
5454 Hohman Avenue
Hammond, IN 46320
Holidays; Schedule Varies; Weekends
PRN (As Needed)
High School Diploma/ GED Required
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
There are so many important jobs that go into providing the very best health care. Jobs that patients may never notice, but are critical to their care. This is one of those jobs. The operating rooms must be in optimal condition, completely sterile and ready for the surgeon or doctor to use. If you like working behind the scenes knowing that your job does good for others, this is the job for you.
Are you a detail-oriented person? Are you good at following instructions to the letter? Are you highly organized? Do you take pride in a job well done? If so, let’s talk about the important role of an Operating Room Technician.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Prepare and maintain a safe and sterile environment for surgical patients.
- Assist in proper patient transferring to and from O.R. table.
- Assist in maintenance and care of specimens following established procedures.
- Participate in the planning and delivery of patient care demonstrating technical competency.
- Collaborate and actively participate with the circulator in planning and preparations based upon needs of patient, surgical procedure, and physician reference.
- Assist patients to maximize comfort in a caring, respectful manner.
- Respond to patient requests as appropriate.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Exercise safe judgement in decision making.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
1-3 Years Experience
License(s): Not Applicable
Certification(s): Not Applicable
Travel: Never or Rarely
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.