Requisition Number: 39667
Corning, Inc. is a premier U.S. supplier of advanced optical solutions and components for the aerospace and defense industry!
Corning Advanced Optics is a global leader in providing cutting-edge material and optical solutions that serve a variety of commercial sectors. We have a long history in producing Electro-Optical Infrared (EOIR) systems and have one of the world’s largest diamond turning manufacturing operations located in Keene, New Hampshire.
Corning’s unmatched expertise in specialty glass and optical physics results in a diverse set of products. From design through manufacturing, Corning leverages its experience in single point diamond turning, precision machining, and thin film coating technology to produce integrated advanced multi and hyper-spectral sensor systems and opto-mechanical assemblies. The intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) market segment is a primary area of focus.
Scope of Position:
This role will collaborate with the end users in installation, repair, troubleshooting, or maintain complex electro-optical, electro-mechanical or Free-Space Optical communication systems. In this role, you will be responsible for solving complex problems, understand the inter-relationship of software and circuits and optics and exercise independent judgment to resolve issues that arises. In addition, supports the build of complex optical systems for aerospace and defense (A&D) sensor systems. Critical thinking skills and hands-on experience in optical and laser alignment as well as ability to work under pressure are important for this position as analyzing data and maintaining detailed records are critical parts of the job. This position may also support the transition of engineering build to production.
You will work with the System Engineers to develop test plans, procedures and setups and perform assembly, alignment and testing on new design optical systems. We also expect individual to be able to completely integrate refractive and reflective systems with limited engineering support.
- We require a minimum of an Associate of Science degree with background in programming, electronic circuit analysis and/or optics related field.
- 5+ years’ experience assembling, aligning, and testing lasers and optical systems
- Expertise using DMM, oscilloscope, interferometers, collimators, and related optical and laser metrology equipment.
- We need experience with Laser, electronics, reflective, and refractive optics and assemblies
- Troubleshoot electronic circuit to component level.
- We prefer experience with Aerospace & Defense (A&D) systems and working with electronics, software, and optics
- Understand optical design software and Matlab
- Understand GD&T and able to read electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Good customer communication skills.
- We anticipate up to 25% travel for this role. 1-3 trips per year outside of Keene, NH (max of 3 night says per visit). Majority of the time will be spent at the Keene facility building/troubleshooting electro-optical systems and answering customer questions via phone or WebEx.
Required to sign a covenant not to compete.
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
Are you ready for an exciting career with Corning Inc? Apply today!
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.