Requisition No: 229562
Agency: Department of Health
Working Title: OPS LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE – 64916212
Position Number: 64916212
Posting Closing Date: 09/23/2020
MULTIPLE POSITIONS TO BE FILLED
Must have active Licensure as a Practical Nurse in accordance to Florida Statue 464 and Florida Administrative Code 210-8.22 or 8.27. Must have experience providing injection/vaccination.
The responsibility of this position is to provide professional nursing service in the care and treatment of patients within the Florida Department of Health in Duval county or satellite location. Works under direct supervision of the Senior Community Health Nurse Supervisor.
Participates in clinical and clerical functions. All of the following duties require accuracy, safety, positive customer and team interactions, and adherence to protocol, polices, and procedures at all times. A current Florida Nursing License in accordance with Florida Statue 464 or eligible to practrice nursing in accordance with Florida Administrative Code 210-8.22 or 8.27. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
Public Health Competency Domain 2: Policy development/Program planning skills
Public Health Competency Domain 3: Communication skills
Public Health Competency Domain 4: Cultural Competency skills
Public Health Competency Domain 6: Public Health Sciences skills
• Correctly douments patient’s health status.
• Maintains awareness of patient’s allergies.
• Under the direction of the medical provider, evaluates, treats, and provides health education and follow up with appropriate cultural competence.
• Willingly and proactivley assists in maintaining inventory of medical supplies and medications; and prepares examination/treatment rooms and equipment.
• Administers vaccines to patients, documents vaccine administration in FLSHOTS, and the medical record.
• Maintain vaccine inventory.
• Provides Vaccine Information Statements (VIS) to patients or parents/guardians.
• Vaccine accountability: prints Physical Inventory Report (PIR) and counts refrigerated vaccines with a nurse at the end of the day. Orders vaccines as needed. Uploads information from data logger..
• Provides exemplary customer service during telephone and walk-in triage as necessary in consultation with the registered nurse or nurse supervisor.
• Participates in community outreach, health fairs, DOH events
Public Health Competency Domain 5: Community Dimensions of Practice Skills
• Coordinates and links clients with other health and/or social service agencies to facilitate movement of clients through the public health system
• Serves as a liaison between clients in neeed of care, and other service agencies in the community. In particular, serves as a key liaison between other healthcare providers, including hospitals, private medical providers and other public healthcare facilities, and DOH-Duval.
Public Health Competency Domain 7: Financial planning/Management skills
Public Health Competency Domain 8: Leadership and Systems Thinking skills
• Works with the management team, physicians, nurses, health support technicians, human service counselors, senior clerks and other staff to develop and provide an interdisciplinary team approach to case management.
• Attends clinical staff meetings, in-services, seminars and trainings for self-improvement, increased competency, and retention of skills.
• Participates in the orientation and staff development programs for persons assisting with client care.
• Participates in quality improvement activities.
• Ensures timely completion of all mandatory trainings.
• Ensures accurate and timely submission of employee leave and attendance records, Employee Activity Records (EAR’s) and travel.
• Performs other related duties.
Knowledge, skills and abilities, including utilization of equipment, required for the position:
• Knowledge of nursing principles and techniques
• Knowledge of human anatomy and physiology.
• Skill in using medical instruments or testing equipment used in providing nursing care.
• Ability to demonstrate manual dexterity.
• Ability to interview patients and obtain a complete medical history.
• Ability to interpret and follow medical instructions.
• Ability to work with patients.
• Ability to administer medications.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
All applications must be completed online through People First. No faxed or mailed applications will be accepted by the agency.
**NOTE: Your responses to qualifying questions for this position must be verifiable by documentation provided through the electronic application process. **
This position requires a security background check and participation in direct deposit. Any misrepresentations or omissions will disqualify you from employment consideration.
Note: You will be required to provide your Social Security Number (SSN) in order to conduct this background check
Male applicants born on or after October 1, 1962, will not be eligible for hire or promotion unless they are registered with the Selective Services System (SSS) before their 26th birthday, or have a Letter of Registration Exemption from the SSS. For more information, please visit the SSS website: http://www.sss.gov
If you are a retiree of the Florida Retirement System (FRS), please check with the FRS on how your current benefits will be affected if you are re-employed with the State of Florida. Your current retirement benefits may be canceled, suspended or deemed ineligible depending upon the date of your retirement.
The successful candidate will be required to complete the Form I-9 and that information will be verified using the E-Verify system. E-Verify is operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration to verify employment eligibility.
Incumbents may be required to perform emergency duty before, during, and/or beyond normal work hours or days.
WHAT IS OPS EMPLOYMENT?
Other Personal Services (OPS) employment is a temporary employer/employee relationship used solely for accomplishing short term or intermittent tasks. OPS are at-will employees and are subject to actions such as pay changes, changes to work assignment and terminations at the recommendation of the employer.
WHAT BENEFITS ARE APPLICABLE TO OPS EMPLOYEES? (If applicable)
•State of Florida 401(a) FICA Alternative Plan- Mandatory
•Workers’ Compensation- Mandatory
•Reemployment Assistance (Unemployment Compensation)- Mandatory
•Participation in state group insurance (upon meeting eligibility requirements. Consult with People First and/or the serving HR office)
•Deferred Compensation- Voluntary
•Employee Assistance Program- Voluntary
WHAT BENEFITS ARE NOT APPLICABLE TO OPS EMPLOYEES?
•Any form of paid leave
•Participation in the Florida Retirement System
•Reinstatement rights or retention rights.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.