Requisition No: 231062
Agency: Veterans Affairs
Working Title: OPS FOOD SUPPORT WORKER – 50509461
Position Number: 50509461
Salary: $8.78 per Hour
Posting Closing Date: 10/04/2020
OPS (Temporary) FOOD SUPPORT WORKER – DIETARY AIDE
FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS’ AFFAIRS
Emory L. Bennett State Veterans' Nursing Home
Daytona Beach, FL
Rate of Pay: $8.78 HOURLY
- Willing and able to work weekends and holidays as scheduled
- Willing and able to work overtime
- Must participate in Direct Deposit.
- Successful completion of a Level 2 background screening and due diligence process.
- Dietary experience
- Basic computer skills
- High school Diploma or GED
PERFORMANCE STANDARDS AND EXPECTATIONS
- The successful candidate will work under the supervision of the Food Service Director and the Food Support Administrator in the day to day food service operation of the State Veterans' Nursing Home. Ensure that food is stored, prepared, distributed and served under sanitary condition.
- The Food Support Worker (FSW (DIETARY AIDE)) sets up serving lines with food items according to menu. Ensures hot and cold foods are maintained at correct temperature levels. Ensures all food served to residents is in accordance with doctors' orders and tags all outgoing trays with resident's name, diet, etc.
- The FSW (DIETARY AIDE) performs general cleaning duties to maintain area in a sanitary condition, cleans food carts, ice cream cabinet, and gasket on refrigerator door and freezers, walls, floor, windows, ceiling, counters, tables and chairs, stoves, garbage and trash rooms; defrosts ice maker, refrigerator; washes pots and pans. Scraps, de-stains, and washes dishes, glasses, silverware, etc.; takes out garbage and trash to appropriate area.
- The FSW (DIETARY AIDE) assembles, disassembles, and operates dishwashing machine, pot washer, vegetable peeler, food chopper, meat grinder, etc., and cleans machines following manufacturer's instructions.
- The FSW (DIETARY AIDE) assists the cooks by cleaning and preparing raw foods by following the cook's directions, prepares salads and salad dressings and dishes up salads and desserts into container.
- The FSW (DIETARY AIDE) attends in-service training classes and performs related duties assigned by supervisor. Performs other related duties as required including special catering events and meal charges.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.