Operations Analyst, Liquids Marketing
Reference Code: 73269
Location: Canada (CA) – Calgary, AB
Job Category: Accounting/Finance
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 09/23/2020
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
Our Liquids Marketing (LM) team is evolving to meet the needs of our growing business and we are expanding our presence in Calgary, Alberta.
We are seeking a methodical and self-motivated Operations Analyst to support the back office functions administered by the liquids marketing business. The Operational Analyst is essential to the team and will play an important role in our operations with a large focus on developing reports and controls which supports the business in meeting all our obligations and ensures management is informed in every aspect of the business.
The successful individual demonstrates skills and competencies in time management, continuous improvement and analytical capabilities as well as has capacity to be flexible and lean in to collaboratively support the team as required.
What you’ll do
- Review all contracts to ensure deals are entered correctly and that contract terms are captured accurately
- Entering deals as required into trade capture system
- Ensure information for counterparty set-up is complete to facilitate transactions
- Assist settlement confirmations with counterparties and generate invoices in a timely manner
- Gather actual volume data from the scheduling/system and calculate settlement volumes, prices and amounts
- Monitor and report on credit available/used to ensure continued operations
- Participate in budget preparation by working with the VP and Manager level employees in the LM group to gather data to submit to the Accounting group
- Analyze/compare budget created by Accounting to budget submitted
- Support compliance and regulatory reporting for LM
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, business, economics, finance, math, or related area
- 2+ years relevant business experience working in a marketing/trading business with relevant back office experience
- Combination of education and experience will be considered
- Understanding of North American crude oil terminals, pipelines and other transportation infrastructure
- Proven proficiency with analytical tools, particularly Excel spreadsheets and application software
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated experience with Powerpoint, Excel, SharePoint, SAP and Power BI
- Knowledge of tariffs, transport and terminal contracts and regulatory obligations
About our business
TC Energy (formerly TransCanada) is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Our 4,900-kilometre (3,000-mile) liquids pipeline system connects growing continental oil supplies to key markets and refineries. The Keystone Pipeline System delivers approximately 20 per cent of western Canadian exports to key refinery markets in the U.S. Midwest and Gulf Coast, where it is converted into fuel and other useful petroleum products.
Apply to this posting by 09/23/2020 using reference code 73269. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.