Are you an experienced professional looking to implement and create positive change within an organization?
We are looking for a dedicated Operations Manager to join our team supporting the production environment. This individual will need to be a go-getter for developing action plans and be a visionary for driving manufacturing results in the areas of: safety, quality, customer service, reliability, cost, and organizational effectiveness.
Your self-motivation to drive day-to-day operations, make recommendations and manage improvement initiatives will help us meet our big picture goals!
With a foundation built on honesty, integrity, teamwork and respect for the individual, we’ve created a workplace where people who share our values thrive. We also invest in providing an environment centered on safety, community, health and wellness.
It only takes one application to be considered. See below for details and apply today!
- Provide continuous improvement leadership and support to drive KPI’s for safety, quality, production, efficiency, and service.
- Act as a change agent for leading continuous improvement initiatives including development and delivery of training materials and programs.
- Facilitate regular improvement planning sessions to identify key strategic opportunities to achieve manufacturing strategic A3 goals and develop related action plans with measurable outcomes.
- Support and reinforce the effective application of the Daily Management System to validate that actions lead to desired performance improvements.
- Analyze observations and data to fully understand and categorize issues and areas for improvement.
- Develop, implement and support the effective application of best practices as Standard Work, Standard Operating Conditions and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Facilitate problem solving by leveraging/modeling continuous improvement methodologies to eliminate root causes and permanently reduce variance.
- Analyze lines for constraints and bottlenecks to achieve continuous flow.
- Advocate for the Voice of the Customer (VOC) via process capability and defect elimination.
- Conduct timing and point of loss yield studies to identify the loss Pareto.
- Perform data analysis and provide written reports that make problems and opportunities visible.
- Develop a detailed root cause analysis for each problem, where each root cause is validated through testing demonstrating that the condition or defect can be turned on or off.
- Develop countermeasures ranging from basic problem containment to system repair to equipment replacement.
- Generate and communicate implementation plans using Gantt charts and work breakdown structures and coordinate resources to staff implementation plans as necessary.
- Proactively seek and identify problems that need to be resolved and quantify the anticipated benefits of problem resolution.
- Manage and promote practices and processes intended to provide safe products that comply with appropriate laws and regulations, meet the company quality standards, and serve the needs of our customers.
- Lead by example to promote and encourage employees to strongly commit to safety and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices).
- Understand, support and follow management expectations in alignment with company values.
- May direct the work of others.
- Work is split between an office environment, production facility, and/or warehouse.
- Exposure to extreme heat, loud noise, dirt, dust, odors, and fumes is probable.
- Required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in required areas.
- Requires a valid driver’s license and favorable motor vehicle report upon hire.
Core Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate must possess all of the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Operations, Engineering or other manufacturing related field with five (5) years of continuous improvement experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong understanding and demonstrated experience in the areas of Continuous Improvement, Operational Excellence, Lean principals, statistics and data analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary in order to persuade and influence decision making of individuals, groups, or work teams.
- Experience using Microsoft Office, including the ability to create basic reports, documents, presentations and spreadsheets in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
- Ability to apply improvement concepts to continuous, non-discreet, manufacturing processes.
- Ability to solve practical problems in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work load, and respond to changing business demands
- Ability to lead through influence rather than authority.
- Ability to learn and understand materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of products.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experienced in optimizing the performance of one or more of the following:
- Factory systems and line process inputs
- Information flow
- Raw materials flow, conveyance, blending, and drying systems
- Continuous process operations
- Quality systems for defect elimination
- EHS systems for a safe working environment
- Operational systems for waste elimination
- People development for engagement and ownership
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Industrial Engineering
- Paper converting, chemical/plastics processing and packaging industrial experience
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Lean / 6 Sigma Certification, American Society for Quality Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence or American Society for Quality Certified Quality Engineer
- Experience with the following methodologies and practices: FMEA, Kaizen, Lean tools, 5S, Visual Factory Aids, SMED concepts, VSM, VOC and Poke Yoke
Overview: As the manufacturer of Dart® and Solo® brand products, Dart Container is an industry leading single-use food and beverage packaging company. With 15,000 employees and 40+ locations worldwide, Dart offers more than 4,000 products used every day in restaurants, hospitals, schools and homes around the globe.
Benefits: Dart Container full-time employees enjoy great benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with company matching contributions, paid vacation, paid holidays, short-term disability, tuition assistance, product discounts and more.
If you experience difficulty applying online, you may call (833) 472-3278 or email us at HRConnect@dart.biz for assistance.
Dart Container is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation to access this website or for the application process, you should call Dart at (800) 545-3278 Ext 3370 or email us at ADArequests@dart.biz. Relay calls can be made by dialing 711 or the relay number for your state.