CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
We are in the process of filling telecom specialist positions for our Cable Protection Academy. This is a great position that will provide an introduction to the Telecommunications industry.
We will provide a combination of training and practical experience to help you move into a customer-focused technical support role.
Individuals who successfully complete our intensive training program will be evaluated and placed into the role, where you will apply your training and learn key aspects of providing exceptional customer support.
Training will be for 5 weeks and during training you will be assessed on what you have learned. After training will have a deep understanding and the ability to communicate key telecom concepts.
- Responsible for screening One Call Center Locate Ticket requests in order to analyze the location of the dig site using a software application in relation to the company's underground fiber optics network.
- Accountable for the protection of company fiber and prevention of costly restoration due to a fiber cut or damage by ensuring that the dig site is clear.
- Working environment operates 24×7 year round and all specialists are expected to cover the various shifts, holidays or work overtime whenever needed.
- One or a combination of any of the following: Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree and/or related job experience. Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and abilities. Related/Demonstrated job experience is described as: Similar industry experience via Telecom, Military or Business with similar essential duties.
One or a combination of any of the following:
- 2 or 4 year degree in a Networking, Business or related field
- Certification (e.g. A+)
- Customer Service and/or Project Management
- 2 to 4 years of military experience in a technical or support specialty
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Oklahoma-Tulsa
Requisition #: 218012
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.