We’re hiring Reservations Representatives in Dallas/Fort Worth.
This full-time, in-office position is based at our Dallas/Fort Worth Reservations Center, located at 4700 American Boulevard, Fort Worth, TX 76155.
Our Reservations Centers conduct business in a 24-hour, 7 day a week operation and start times can vary with each shift bid. Your flexibility is essential.
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you’ll love this job
As a member of our Global Reservations organization, you will work together with fellow team members in multiple offices around the world, and deliver elevated sales and service to customers.
Successful Reservations Representatives care for people on life’s journey by connecting with customers and providing solutions to their travel needs.
What you’ll do
- Master several weeks of fast-paced, intensive training on products, processes, policies and tools; and continue learning with recurrent training each year
- Handle contacts from customers and gain their trust by providing solutions to their travel needs
- Generate revenue by selling tickets and related products/services
- Offer a high level of customer service
- Work on a full-time basis, at a workstation, on a PC with a headset; including weekends and holidays, and day/evening/overnight shifts that could vary throughout the year and as determined through seniority bidding;
- On occasion be offered voluntary overtime and required to work mandatory overtime
- Be assigned performance goals and receive coaching towards continuous improvement
- Join at a starting rate of pay of $15.74 per hour which includes an Elite premium
- Accrue up to two (2) weeks vacation in the first year for use in the subsequent calendar year
- Receive health benefit options including medical, dental, vision, prescription drug and other optional benefits
- Be eligible for American Airlines team member travel privileges
- Receive matching 401(k) plan up to 5.5% of eligible compensation after completing 1 year service
- Work within a caring environment with a passion for culture and diversity with a strong sense of community, volunteer groups and support of various cause
All you’ll need for success
- Will be at least 18 years of age
- Will have a high school diploma or GED Equivalency
- Can read, write, and fluently speak and understand the English language
- Will be able to perform duties while remaining at a workstation for extended periods of time
- Can work as scheduled and in accordance with the American Airlines Attendance policy
- Will concentrate on details and handle multiple tasks with accuracy while providing outstanding customer service
- Are self-disciplined and accountable for performing job functions with minimal supervision
- Are resourceful, skilled in problem-solving and are able to handle difficult/stressful situations
The most competitive applicants:
- Are confident in using technology and navigating through multiple applications during a single call
- Have previous Reservations and/or Customer Service experience in a contact center environment
- Thrive on continuous improvement and goal attainment
- Have a passion for travel with the interest, knowledge, and experience to become a customer’s trusted advisor
The terms and conditions of this position are covered by the CWA-IBT Collective Bargaining Agreement.
What you’ll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel Free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
This application process is online only
The candidates should expect a rigorous screening and interview process that progresses through multiple phases of online screening and assessments, including a video interview session. The most competitive candidates will then progress to onsite testing. Those candidates who pass testing will proceed to an In-Person interview.
Candidates must be available to begin employment and attend a training class as early as January, 2020.