Work Schedule/Days: Day / Monday – Friday
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Children’s at Town Center Outpatient Care Center
Requisition #: 46022
Provides the highest quality age-appropriate care for patients newborn to 20 years of age within the scope of practice and established standards for occupational therapy. Functions effectively as a member of the rehabilitation team. Supports the mission of Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta. Proactively supports efforts that ensure delivery of safe patient care and services and promote a safe environment at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta.
- Georgia occupational therapy license
- Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days of employment
- 4 years of experience in pediatric or related occupational therapy
- Experience in occupational therapy with a wide range of pediatric populations
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Knowledge of pediatric theory and practice
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for effective communication of information
- Positive interpersonal skills and ability to function in an interdisciplinary environment
- Must be able to successfully pass the Basic Windows Assessment at 80% or higher rating within 30 days of employment
- Travel to other Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta locations based on patient census, program development, and/or contract obligations with physician practices
- Evaluates patients, meeting established standards.
- Provides effective and appropriate treatment so that functional outcomes are achieved.
- Completes documentation, meeting departmental standards for content, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Includes family/caregiver in patient care and provides effective education appropriate for learning needs of patient and family.
- Serves as resource and mentor to other staff, providing orientation, in-services, and clinical guidance as requested.
- Provides supervision to Occupational Therapist Level I, Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants, Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy Aides, and students as assigned.
- Demonstrates competencies that incorporate age-specific guidelines, including N = Neonate (less than 30 days), I = Infant (30 days to 1 year), EC = Early Childhood (1-5 years), LC = Late Childhood (5-13 years), A = Adolescent (13-17 years), AD = Adult, and ALL = all ages.
- Participates in maintaining and monitoring the work environment to ensure a continual state of Joint Commission readiness.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Ability to lift up to 40 lbs independently and greater than 40 lbs with assistance
Bending/Stooping – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Climbing – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Hearing/Speaking – Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.
Lifting – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Pushing/Pulling – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Sitting – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Standing – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Walking – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Some potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Address: 605 Big Shanty Rd NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144
Function: Allied Health – Rehab