Work Schedule/Days: Day / Monday – Friday
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Scottish Rite
Requisition #: 41321
Provides clinically and evidenced-based patient care coordination. Supports delivery of safe, effective, high-quality, and efficient patient care at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta. Coordinates assessment, interdisciplinary discharge planning, and implementation of home healthcare and related services to assigned patients discharged from a Children's Healthcare of Atlanta facility.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the single State of Georgia or Multi-State through the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact
- Registered Nurse case management certification from approved accrediting organization within 1 year of meeting eligibility requirements
- 3 years/4,500 hours of experience with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or a current Children’s nurse with 5 years/7,500 hours of experience with an Associate’s degree in Nursing
- Current Children’s nurse with an Associate’s degree in Nursing is required to obtain a BSN within 2.5 years of hire date
- 3 years of broad clinical experience, predominantly in pediatric care
- Master's degree
- Experience in care coordination, case management, discharge planning, and utilization review
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Effective decision making/problem-solving skills and demonstration of creativity in problem-solving
- Influential leadership skills
- Demonstrated effective critical thinking skills and ability to anticipate patient discharge needs
- Moderate to expert computer skills
- Working knowledge of financial aspects of third-party payors and reimbursement
- Must be able to successfully pass the Basic Windows Skill Assessment at 80% or higher rating within 30 days of employment
- Completes initial screen of all patients on admission (not to exceed within 24 hours of admission) utilizing specific trigger criteria to identify needs related to care coordination and/or discharge planning.
- Develops, initiates, and implements a robust transition care plan in collaboration with clinical team for all applicable patients.
- Cultivates and maintains effective interaction/communication with members of medical staff, nursing staff, social workers, and others to drive care coordination process and facilitate continuity of patient care.
- Communicates with all members of multidisciplinary team to facilitate care coordination process for assigned workload.
- Communicates with home health agencies, third-party payors, and other community resources as needed to coordinate discharge needs.
- Facilitates and provides ongoing communication with patient/family and interdisciplinary staff to identify and resolve potential barriers .
- Facilitates care conferences, interdisciplinary rounds, and other meetings.
- Participates in focused system initiatives and facilitates clinical practice guidelines at the patient level.
- Performs outpatient and clinic care coordination and monitors care as patients transition between outpatient and inpatient services where appropriate.
- Refers cases identified as risk management, peer review, or quality issues to appropriate personnel.
- Performs other responsibilities as required.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Ability to lift up to 40 lbs independently and greater than 40 lbs with assistance
Bending/Stooping – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Climbing – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Hearing/Speaking – Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.
Lifting – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Pushing/Pulling – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Sitting – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Standing – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Walking – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Some potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Children’s is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 27 neighborhood locations and a total of 638 beds, Children’s is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Children’s offers access to more than 70 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Children’s has been ranked on Fortune magazine’s list of “100 Best Companies to Work For” for fourteen consecutive years and named one of the “100 Best Companies” by Working Mother magazine. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
Have questions about the recruitment process? Check out What to Expect.
Address: 1001 Johnson Ferry Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30342
Function: Nursing – Nursing-Bedside