Department: LOG Case Picker
Position Type: Employee
Position Reports To: Warehouse Supervisor
Position Supervises: N/A
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
At Peyton's , we are looking for talented and engaged individuals with a passion to feed the Human Spirit . Our employees are leaders who committed to personifying Our Promise of Every One Friendly and Caring , Everything Fresh , to Uplift in Every Way and to Improve Every Day . Peyton's Southeastern is a proud member of the nation-wide Kroger Family of Companies .
Why you'll love working with us:
10 hours rotating schedules
Excellent health benefit package
Paid time off (vacation, holidays, and personal days)
Employee discounts at Kroger and Kroger Banner stores
Employee discounts with cell phone providers, computer companies, travel organizations and more!
Advancement potential in a fast-growing industry. Come for a job. Stay for a career
Responsible for filling stores’ orders in an accurate, productive and safe manner.
The company also requires that all employees perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws. Role model and demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Select orders.
- Read order to ascertain item number and quantity of merchandise.
- Build pallets.
- Sort merchandise.
- Obtain merchandise from bins/shelves/pick slots.
- Submit order to shipping.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to work weekends on a frequent basis.
- Ability to work overtime on a regular basis.
- Familiarity with distribution center terms and processes.
- Ability to meet production standards.
Desired Previous Job Experience
- High school education or general education degree (GED) plus one year experience in work or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Leadership Behaviors: Achieves Results through Teamwork, Coaches and Develops Others, Communicates Effectively and Candidly, Executes with Excellence, Leads Change and Innovation, Leads through Positive Influence, Provides Clear and Strategic Direction, Puts the Customer First. For more information on the Kroger Leadership Behavior model, click here.
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
States: Georgia; Tennessee