Company Name: Roundy’s
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Assist store director with daily production and operational functions in the Grocery department. Effectively order stock, supervise the stock crew and implement merchandising plans. Act as management in department planning and provide backup assistance in the store manager’s absence. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate teamwork to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant working and shopping environment.
- Welcome, serve and assist customers to provide excellent customer service.
- Effectively communicate with customers and respond to questions and requests in a timely manner.
- Operate equipment (e.g., ordering machine, telephone, intercom, register, forklift, pallet jack, box cutter, flatbed and compactor) according to company guidelines.
- Organize, direct and assist with work of the stock crew; plan shift department priorities/objectives with store director; monitor store conditions in the store director’s absence.
- Implement and maintain merchandising plans timely and consistently.
- Ensure department conditions (e.g., product availability and placement, display to shelf stocking, facing, rotation, cleanliness and safety, price stickering and signing) are properly maintained.
- Direct associates to ensure task completion and efficient use of labor; ensure department is ready for daily sales.
- Order aisle stock for the department timely, monitor key item movement and ensure proper stock levels; communicate effectively with vendors.
- Monitor and assist with receiving functions and backroom organization; ensure correct piece counts and processing of invoices; maintain receiving records/drop sheet book.
- Monitor stored product organization to ensure efficient access and clear passageways; ensure security procedures are followed.
- Ensure customers receive assistance with special orders, questions, price checks and product exchanges.
- Assist with department training and development, performance reviews and administer corrective action.
- Comply with and reinforce all food safety, sanitation and safety regulations/guidelines/procedures and programs according to company, local, state, and federal health code regulations; identify unsafe conditions and notify store management; follow all store and department policies and procedures
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, frequently stooping/bending, walking, standing, squatting, reaching, climbing stairs, turning, lifting/carrying objects 15 to 50 lbs. and pushing/pulling objects 50 to 2,500 lbs. Occasionally sit, climb ladders, work above floor level, walk on uneven ground, crawl, and lift/carry objects weighing more than 50 lbs.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Effective interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment; takes initiative
- Friendly, approachable and outgoing demeanor/team player
- Sound judgement/decision making skills
- Basic math skills (counting, addition, and subtraction)
Desired Previous Education:
- High school diploma/ equivalent
Education Level: Associates Desired
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at Pick n Save: At Pick ‘n Save, our values are rooted in the Midwest –we work hard and we believe in the team members that make what we do possible each day. It’s these values that allow us to continue to grow and provide our customers with the best value and service as we have for over 140 years. Here, you’ll find opportunities to advance your career, fulfill a leadership role and be a member of a team that is dedicated to supporting our stores and creating a shopping experience that customers love.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: WI || Kenosha || 2811 – 18th Street || 53140 || Roundy’s || None || Grocery || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || None