Job Req ID: 663421
Position Number: 00115188
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: Monday-Thursday 7:45am-4:45pm, Friday 7:45am-11:45am
Standard Hours: 36.00
Department Name: Neurology
Location: CNC – Ballantyne
Location Details: Copper Way & Randolph Road
Our mission is to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit atriumhealth.org/about-us.
Performs routine and complex EEG’s according to laboratory standards. Assist with technical operation of specialized neurodiagnositic procedures including long term monitoring, evoked potentials and intraoperative evoked potential monitoring. Performs visual, auditory and somatosensory evoked potentials in the laboratory, intensive care unit, and operating room or patient care areas, using standards of practice. Performs the daily technical operations in EMU, including documentation, preparation of weekly conference materials and archiving data.
- Performs routine and complex EEG procedures including portable, sleep-deprived, neonatal and ECS studies. Identify and correct basic equipment problems when they occur.
- Performs EEG procedures using appropriate test strategy, montages, filter setting and including the archive and transfer of records.
- Adopts methods and instrumentation to obtain optimal results based on history, clinical observations, and EEG findings.
- Performs visual, auditory and somatosensory evoked potentials in the laboratory, intensive care unit, and operating room or patient care areas, using standards of practice.
- Performs long-term video/EEG monitoring of patients with scalp and intracranial electrodes.
- Adheres to standards of practice for electroencephalogram recordings. Provides accurate and complete management of EEG recordings, including archiving. Obtains all relevant patient information from chart history and progress notes.
- Assists with technical operation of specialized neurodiagnositic procedures including long term monitoring, evoked potentials and intraoperative evoked potential monitoring.
- Provides preceptor supervision to new technologists and student interns.
- Verbalize appropriate actions to be initiated during patient medical emergency and seizure onset situations.
- Demonstrates proper infection control practices during all aspects of care. Ensures hazardous materials are properly used and stored.
Work occurs in various patient care areas including exam rooms, patient rooms, intensive care units, and operating rooms; it requires periods of standing and walking. Work requires moving and pushing heavy equipment, e.g., EEG machines, to remote patient care areas. There is reasonable and anticipated exposure to biohazard materials. Each employee has the responsibility to work in a safe and conscientious manner.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Graduate from an accredited END program with 3 years experience preferred and EEG registry required (ABRET).
At Atrium Health, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer