CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
As a CenturyLink Network Tech (Central Office) you will be responsible for all aspects of working in the physical Central Office.
The Main Responsibilities
- Responsible for the provisioning and maintenance of Central Office including, but not limited to subscriber loop carrier systems, DSL, POTS, GPON/PRISM, digital and optical muxes.
- Installs, performs routine maintenance, analyzes defects, tests, adjusts, repairs and maintains complex equipment such as switching systems, circuit equipment, network terminal equipment, and data/digital equipment by using electrical and or electronic measuring devices.
- Plans jobs and determines materials and resources needed to complete tasks.
- Reviews and interprets work orders, wiring lists, wiring diagrams, and equipment drawings and follows standard practices in the performance of job duties.
- Utilizes knowledge of general input and analysis of ESS translations.
- Runs diagnostic test programs, analyzes defects and/or tests various types of telephone switching equipment (5ESS, DMS 10, DMS 100, Ericcson, Electronic Data Switching, etc.), uses various types of testing devices, e.g. volt-ohm meters, spectrum analyzer, digital communications, data analyzers, etc.
- Works varying shifts and hours including possible mandatory overtime, and/or callouts, weekends and holidays.
- Keeps team and managers informed of status on work tasks, projects, and problems or obstacles.v
What We Look For in a Candidate
- At least six (6) months experience within the last five (5) years diagnosing circuit trouble, and performing routine testing, including measuring AC/DC current using volt ohm meters, TMS, or comparable test equipment.
- At least six (6) months experience within the last five (5) years provisioning and maintaining DSO, DS1/T1, DS3/T3, DSL ISDN, and fiber circuits or services.
- Must be proficient in DMS100/5ESS Switch maintenance and provisioning.
- Must be able to perform all types of switch maintenance including routines and troubles.
- Need to be able to complete growth jobs & turn-ups on integrated pair gain.
- Need to be proficient in IOF work including MUXES up to and including fiber Muxes.
- Basic electricity knowledge as it relates to telecommunications (through classes or on the job related training) including: reading & interpreting circuit diagrams, equipment drawings, & technical manuals.
- Working knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Working knowledge of analog, digital test and transmission equipment, volt-ohm meter, or comparable testing equipment.
- Working knowledge of Sonet/DWDM equipment and services (e.g. DCS and optical muxes).
- Ability to troubleshoot and isolate problems within physical or electrical circuits.
- Ability to respond to callouts within reasonable timeframe.
- Ability to perform strenuous physical activities including, but not limited to lifting and/or moving up to 100 pounds.
- May require travel between Central Office locations.
- Requires a valid state drivers’ license with current satisfactory driving record.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Ability to work aloft (e.g. ladder).
- Ability to provide efficient, quality service to both internal and external customers both face-to-face and over the phone.
- Ability to work varying shifts and hours including possible mandatory overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Extensive experience including ROADM, QMOE, IP Ethernet, GPON equipment as well as fiber characterization and turn up.
- Ability to diagnose circuit trouble, and perform routine testing, including measuring current (and loss), balance, power influence, and noise levels.
- Experience in working on a computer in Windows based systems and Microsoft Outlook.
- Experience working independently with little supervision.
- Experience meeting work deadlines.
Alternate Location: US-Oregon-Boardman
Requisition #: 224111
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.