Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Network Implementation Engineer II responsibilities include design and preparation of Engineering Work Orders for land developments, new buildings, single line requests, Rehab, DSL, FTTN, FTTH, FTTT, and Road Relocations. Utilizing the following tools; NDS, AutoCAD, Fireworks/Bidmaster, JDS, WFMT, ARMOR, and the full suite of Microsoft Office. As an OSP field engineer you will be assigned a geographic area and will be responsible for all OSP job requests. This position designs and acquires civil permits. Maintain positive interaction with Internal and External customers; maintain open conversation with Planning and all company departments providing high quality of service to the Lumen customers. Manage workload for a given area.
The Main Responsibilities
- Develops/defines plans for the implementation of new plant construction or modifications to existing facilities.
- Prepares plans and specifications, to include gathering field data.
- Assures that the most feasible, practical and economical means to complete the work are utilized. Provides cost data to support capital planning and budgeting.
- Monitors and controls project expenditures.
- Skilled in planning and/or engineering.
- Analyzes local and wide area network systems and/or customer network environment, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges and other devices.
- Resolves interoperability problems to obtain operations across all platforms including e-mail, files transfer, multimedia, teleconferencing and the like.
- Able to project manage engineering subcontractors.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field OR equivalent and relevant work experience.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience.
- Computer skills, including Email-Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and ACAD.
- Work with Planning, Operations and all internal and external customers, maintain budget, and assist with forecasting budgets.
- Maintain positive interaction between all governing authorities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Valid driver's license with a satisfactory driving record.
What to Expect Next
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete a video interview immediately after applying. This will include a set of questions for you to record a response to in addition to Game Challenges. Completion of this video interview is a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the video interview. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
Requisition #: 228164
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.