CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Responsible for designing a circuit path across the company network with an enhanced knowledge and understanding of the network architecture and routing configurations. Within the design responsibilities, accountable for producing an accurate design layout record that applies a proficient understanding of the products and their specifications offered by the company and the scope of work requested on a customer order meets the product criteria, as well as having in-house parts/equipment available for consumption and delivery to the end user. Responsible for writing and solving for process and procedural gaps, and bringing closure to problematic orders.
The Main Responsibilities
- Designs and provisions customer, network, dark fiber, and collocation circuits including on-net and off-net basic routing network configurations. Creates layout records and maintains data integrity of inventory record consumption.
- Initiates capacity requests and tracks for completion based on deployment commit date.
- Manages individual daily workload in alignment with revenue and customer commitments across multiple orders, systems and processes.
- Validates orders for information accuracy based on internal company product ordering specifications.
- Assists in process documentation and provides training and guidance to new hires regarding processes, equipment, network architecture, and facilitates issue resolution.
- Owns and resolves all issues and related problematic activities against assigned orders.
What We Look For in a Candidate
• Associate's Degree in a technical field/capacity preferred
• Requires a highly motivated and solutions driven individual that desires to expand their knowledge, as well as exhibits creativity and originality
• Knowledge of ring configurations and network routing
• Knowledge of basic metro gear/equipment – Lucent/Fujitsu/Cienna/Alcatel/Cisco
• Adapts and thrives in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment
• Manages/facilitates issues to resolution
• Demonstrated effectiveness to escalations/urgent-related matters
• Knowledge of bandwidths from DS1 to OC192 and including ethernet VT1/STS configurations
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Reliable/Ability to work overtime as necessary
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Proven display of being energetic, positive, and having a customer-focused attitude
• Team oriented – able to work well with others in a professional environment
• Advanced problem solving skills – ability to facilitate issue resolution
• Experience in writing process documentation and implementation preferred
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Oklahoma-Tulsa
Requisition #: 227913
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.