Req ID: 104563
NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now.
We are currently seeking a Microsoft BI Consultant – PowerBI to join our team in VICTORIA, British Columbia (CA-BC), Canada (CA).
Microsoft BI Consultant – PowerBI
We are seeking an experienced consultant who specializes in Microsoft BI development. We are looking for individuals that are innovative and creative, demonstrate problem solving and judgment skills, be collaborative and able to work well in a team environment. You must have excellent communication skills, be highly responsive, and have a customer service orientation. Only candidates that are currently and immediately eligible to work in Canada will be considered.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Creation of sophisticated, insightful and interactive reports
- Comfortable building an end to end BI solution utilizing Microsoft products (Microsoft SQL Server SSIS, SSAS multi-dimensional and tabular, SSRS, and Power BI)
- Perform data analysis and source to target field mappings
- Understand data warehousing, dimensional data modelling and other core BI concepts
- Requirements gathering, data analysis and intuition
- 3 + years authoring Power BI reports and implementing industry best practices for visualizing data
- 5 + years with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- 5 + years writing SQL and T-SQL queries
- 5 + years Visual Studio, SQL Data Tools and/or Report Builder
- 5+ years using SQL Server Management Studio
- Experience with data model design principles, techniques, and standards
- Experience integrating BI content into SharePoint, specifically Power BI, Excel, and SSRS
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
Nice to have
- Any Azure cloud experience in particular Azure Data Factory, Azure Dake Lake, Azure SQL and Azure SQL DW
- R or Python coding skills
- Experience diagnosing and solving database, SSAS, and reporting performance issues
- Experience with SharePoint administration and configuration
- Experience implementing deliverables utilizing an agile framework
- Statistical analysis skills and concepts
Professional Qualifications & Experience
- University or college degree
- Strong Business Analysis and Data Analysis skills
- Other systems development experience
- Technical background with proven trouble shooting skills
- Adept at delving into systems to find the true root cause for the issue at hand
- Strong organization and analytical skills with excellent attention to details
- Ability to work independently on multiple simultaneous tasks within a challenging fast paced team and customer-oriented environment.
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services is a global business and IT services provider specializing in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services. We are part of the NTT family of companies, a partner to 85 % of the Fortune 100.
NTT DATA Services is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, disability, age, veteran-status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other class protected by law.