CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
The Region Operations Manager is accountable for leading the service delivery efforts to residential customers as well as all enterprise business products and services. Strong leadership and collaboration skills are required as this position is responsible for the results from multiple organizations in both direct and indirect reporting structures. This position is also actively involved in community and organizations that help strengthen communities and our Brand.
Internally, the incumbent has contact with all division departments to coordinate input and completion of projects; to gain information on district expenditures or purchases; keep an open line of communications and resolve employee relations issues; and to deal with any other matters that need attention.
Externally, the incumbent has contact with customers and outside contractors to answer questions and resolve problems; with community representatives to promote the Company; and with other telecommunications companies to share information.
- Report to the Director of Operations and work independently on day-to-day operations.
- Reporting to this position are Area Supervisors who are responsible for the continuous operations of installation and repair of outside plant activities.
- Motivate all employees to give the very best service at the lowest cost. Must keep up with new technology and determine the best long-term solution for the Company while staying within the budget.
- Arrange for adequate personnel training while maintaining an effective installation and maintenance schedule.
- Manage multiple activities in a rapidly changing technological environment, at the same time, maintaining a high profile in the community by being active in the Chamber of Commerce, service groups and the City government. Must work within the framework of the overall operation by blending department responsibilities into an efficient, effective result.
- Select competent staff in accordance with legal, corporate and department hiring guidelines. Develop an effective staff by motivating, training, performance managing and evaluating employees.
- Contribute to the Company's financial objectives through efficient administration of sales marketing programs within the District. Provide input to sales on new products for service area.
- Ensure customer service by all employees within the District is conducted in an exemplary manner by seeing that maintenance and installation of telecommunications equipment is in accordance with Company standards and objectives.
- Direct implementation of new procedures or modifications to existing procedures to reflect changes in regulation, service provision, technical standards, consolidation, etc. by insuring that all work groups or affected customers are notified in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Contribute to the development of the annual capital plan by working closely with the Engineering Department to ensure District needs are being addressed.
- Implement and monitor the Corporate Safety Program within the District.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned. Conduct recurring results analysis, develop action plans, and drive initiatives to improve and maintain excellent performance metrics.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience. Typically with 5-7 years related experience and 2+ years previous manager level leadership experience preferred.
- Pro-actively seeks new opportunities to increase operational efficiency.
- Proven strong oral and written communication skills and ability to successfully deliver presentations to executive level.
- Possess strong organizational, time management and analytical skills.
- Ability to analyze and manage financial data and capital and expense budgets.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, demands with competing priorities, all while making timely decisions.
- Must enjoy working in a fast-pace, results driven organization.
- Must be able to prepare presentations and clearly articulate the position being taken in the presentations.
- Demonstrated leadership and coaching skills acquired through previous experience in a supervisory or managerial role.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute short- and long-term objectives in a team environment.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
What to Expect Next:
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete a video interview immediately after applying. This will include a set of questions for you to record a response to in addition to Game Challenges. Completion of this video interview is a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the video interview. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Bachelors or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Longmont; US-Colorado-Thornton
Requisition #: 218393
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.