We are engineers, high line workers, power plant managers, accountants, electricians, project coordinators, risk analysts, customer service operators, community representatives, safety and security specialists, communicators, human resources partners, information technology technicians and much, much more. We are 3,300 people committed to enhancing the lives of the communities we serve. Together, we are powering the growth and success of our community progress every day!
CPS Energy is seeking a Mgr MDS & GIS Support to develop and support Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) strategy and initiatives, especially related to software applications supporting Field Operations in the utility industry.
Pay Grade: 17
Deadline to apply: November 28, 2019
Manager MDS & GIS Support will develop and support Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) strategy and initiatives, especially related to software applications supporting Field Operations in the Utility Industry.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Leads projects, programs, portfolios across platforms as needed including ensuring current health of platforms as aligned to software vendors’ roadmaps.
- Participates in strategic planning, prioritization, and implementation projects – for example new software implementations, partnerships with other civic agencies, data sharing agreements with external entities, etc.
- Leads teams to identify and develop process and procedures that enhance the business value.
- Collaborates and supports all Compliance and Security teams on remediation execution.
- Ensures compliance to all applicable regulatory agencies including but not limited to the following: FERC, NERC, and ERCOT. Participation in CPS Energy IT Standards Committees, Member of Architectural Review Board (ARB).
- Provides tactical leadership for modernization, execution and operational support for the budget, guidelines, and procedures for project plans and project justifications or feasibility.
- Leads the teams to work with partners, customers, project management teams, engineering services, contractors and other internal and external teams to gather requirements and business needs, develop viable options that will ensure growth and capacity, coordinates the installation, configuration, optimization, maintenance to build enterprise solutions that are highly available and high performing.
- Provides recommendations and system assessments ensuring new technologies are properly evaluated and determined to be viable to support enterprise functionality and performance. Manages customer support expectations, tier 1-to-3 problem resolutions and root cause analysis, supports investigations and develops policies and procedures.
- Supports the team members to ensure the development and maintenance of programs, processes, procedures and ensure best practices are applied for the daily/emergency operations of enterprise
- applications which include the following but are not limited to: high availability, disaster recovery, asset disposal & redeployment, system configuration baselines, change and configuration management including reconciliation against baseline, quarterly account reviews, incident response coordination, etc.
- Communicates expectations, monitors performance of the team, providing continuous coaching and feedback, completing performance reviews, mentoring career development of direct reports, evaluating staffing levels, recruiting, hiring and corrective performance feedback and action.
- Delivering all major enterprise field operations software applications and platforms, and ensuring effective service performance (both external and internal)
- Leading teams that deliver business value through software development efforts that positively impact business processes and procedures
- Managing the execution of major IT projects, ensuring the quality, reliability and value of software products, application-level backup & disaster recovery, data lifecycle management
- Ensuring service levels from teams for incident and service management for the Suite of applications serving operations areas such as Field Mobility, Work Management, GIS, and other related functions
- Supporting enterprise business continuity programs and processes, as well as compliance with all internal/external regulatory requirements
- Managing the budget for software maintenance, services and labor
- Managing and developing strategic vendor partnerships to ensure the highest level of service for CPS Energy
- Developing relationships with business partners and peers, to achieve common organizational goals
- Contributing to the strategic vision of the company, and supporting the execution of digital transformation efforts for operations areas of the organization
Minimum Knowledge and Abilities
A minimum of eight (8) years of diversified IT experience
5+ years of experience working with Operations technologies – in a senior/lead role
4+ years of experience in the energy (electric, gas preferred) industry
Proven knowledge of operations-related technologies such as work management, GIS, Field Mobility Systems; Possesses cross functional business process understanding
Demonstrated experience and knowledge of application architecture and integration technologies
Strong experience in the system development lifecycle (analysis, design, programming, testing, support)
Working knowledge and experience applying PMI® project management principles
Experience in providing end-user support services for a 24/7 enterprise environment
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Access, Visio, and Microsoft Project
- Previous IT management experience preferred, but not required
- Master’s degree or graduate certificates in a related field
- PMI® or IIBA® certification(s) such as PMP, CAPM, CCBA, CBAP, etc.
- General working knowledge of SAP – particularly Plant Maintenance, or Customer Care Modules
Driving for Results
Working with Ambiguity
Making Accurate Judgments and Decisions
Bachelor’s Degree or Foreign Degree equivalent in Information Systems, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field
Indoor work, operating computer, manual dexterity, talking, hearing, repetitive motion. Use of personal computing equipment, telephone, multi-functioning printer and calculator. Ability to travel between business related events. Work hours may be extended.
CPS Energy does not discriminate against applicants or employees. CPS Energy is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of its employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfers and compensation, to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, pregnancy, age, disability, genetic information or any other protected status. CPS Energy will comply with all laws and regulations.