Manager, Material Planning
Who we are looking for:
At AGCO, we believe that when our employees succeed, our business succeeds. It’s a people philosophy that we believe and invest in. We make sure all of our employees – in every function, every geography and at every level – have the tools they need to be successful and take charge of their career. Because when our people grow, our business grows. Every day. Every way.
AGCO Corp has an exciting opportunity for a high-impact Manager, Material Planning to join its Purchasing team in Jackson, MN.
The Manager, Materials Planning will be responsible for managing the Materials Planning teams from Jackson and Beloit, driving the implementation of supply chain improvement actions including tools, processes, and controls. The Manager, Materials Planning will manage improvements into on time in full delivery (OTIF), shortages elimination/reduction, while maintaining the budget level of inventories.
The role will deal with critical supply chain situations, driving actions and managing complex daily activities. Support on NA and Global Supply Chain projects is an additional duty. This position will interact with numerous functions within the organization and external suppliers. This position will report directly to the Director, Supply Chain and Logistics North America.
What you will do:
- Responsible for managing purchased inventory/parts, on time in full delivery rates and actions, maintaining appropriate inventory levels, minimizing obsolete inventory, reducing or eliminating shortages, costs control including premium freight and dispositioning non-current inventory.
- Manage a group of Materials Planners for Jackson and Beloit sites in their daily tasks to ensure on time delivery of purchased inventory.
- Drives the development, implementation and/or improvement of planning tools and processes to improve the performance of the Planning Team.
- Establish and use of supply chain /materials performance metrics, define actions to improve targets on expected level and follow up.
- Maintain performance metrics within the Materials Planning Management teams as well as the internal and external supply chain.
- Travel requirements: up to 20%
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 6+ years of experience in international logistics supply chain preferably logistics planning, manufacturing engineering
- Project management skills and experience in working across functions, multiple sites and cultures could be a differential.
- Leadership experience and team management
- Quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft office suite software including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong experience with SAP MM; PP, LES is a differential.
What we offer:
Experience our global diversity and enterprising spirit while helping us create innovative technologies and a positive impact that helps feed the world’s nearly 8 billion people. From the day you decide to join AGCO, we want to engage and excite you and we’re clear on where we want to go as a business and we trust you to help us there. Whether you want to learn a new skill or you aspire to do something different, we can help you develop the skills you need to take your career – and our business – to the next level.
We also invite you to “Make the Most of YOU” – Benefits include: health care and wellness plans, flexible and virtual work options (where available), 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, paid holidays and paid time off, flexible spending accounts, reimbursement for continuing education, company philanthropic programs, company perks programs, and much more…
Please note that this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, responsibilities or benefits and may change at any time with or without notice.
AGCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
AGCO is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of agricultural engineering with a portfolio of exciting international brands which deliver solutions to farmers in 140 countries through a full line offer from tractors and combine harvesters to protein production systems and smart farming software solutions – to an environment where the future is happening now. Join us as we bring agriculture into the future.