Requisition ID: 222736
Position : Summer Intern_Mechanical Engineering
Location : Bechtel India Office
Assists in Mechanical Engineering activities which include design calculations (done manually and using software), System descriptions, Mechanical Data Sheets, providing Material Take Offs (MTOs), Material Requisitions, Technical Bid Analysis, preparation of Technical Queries, Purchase Requisitions, Vendor Prints Review, assist in resolving Vendor queries, site queries, ensuring Constructability, Design for Safe Installation, interface with project members, getting familiar with Bechtel Processes and Procedures etc. as per the direction of assigned Mechanical Lead/Responsible Engineer.
Duties consist of various task to be completed within the stipulated time as assigned by the Mechanical Engineer.
JOB DIMENSIONS :
A. Supervision Received
- Reports to and receives technical guidance and operational supervision from designated supervisory personnel.
B. Job Duties
General Category of items dealt in Mechanical Engineering : Static Equipment, Rotating Equipment and Packages.
- Getting familiar with deliverables (referred above) produced by Mechanical discipline
- Assist in production of these documents
- Getting familiar with inputs required for these deliverables, stages of Engineering when these inputs are received
- Assumptions made and validation of these during Engineering cycle
- Getting familiar with Codes and Standards
- Design and specifying requirements on deliverables, inputs to other disciplines using Codal provisions
- Interfacing required with different Engineering disciplines
- Inter-discipline Coordination of Documents
- Information flow, Coordination with other disciplines like Procurement, Inspection, Expediting, Project Control, Construction, Start Up
- Getting familiar with Bechtel software dealing with information and data flow from Engineering to Site and Start-Up
- Bechtel execution methodology for projects in different GBUs (Global Business Units)
C. Academic Qualification :
Pursuing Mechanical Engineering degree from a reputed Institute (completed 2nd or 3rd year of Graduate engineering course)
D. Job Knowledge :
Have interest in core Mechanical Engineering subjects like Materials, Strength of Materials, Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics, Production Technology, Welding/Fabrication Techniques, Machinery (Rotating Equipment-Pumps, Compressors, Turbines) etc.
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office
Have general awareness of Oil & Gas, Refinery and Petrochemical industries, Power Plants, Metal & Mines. Have an inclination of pursuing a career in core Mechanical Engineering application.
Ability to work in a team and possess good communication skill.
Bechtel is a trusted engineering, construction and project management partner to industry and government. Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact. Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Bechtel serves the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. www.bechtel.com