Requisition ID: 223504
The Mechanical Superintendent is responsible for supervising and directing operations within the mechanical discipline. Supervises and directs mechanical contractors, subordinate supervisors and others, as assigned. Ensures assigned construction operations and contractors performance are in compliance with specifications and within schedules and budgets.
- Provide leadership for safety, accident and fire prevention on the project. This includes safety orientation, preparation of safety procedures and leading Bechtel and subcontractor safety meetings.
- Inspect site for unsafe conditions and practices and take appropriate corrective action to correct breaches.
- Coordinate safety training and enforce safe work practices at all times in conjunction with the Environmental Safety and Health Supervisor.
- Champion the cause of ZERO Accident Philosophy. Ensure that Bechtel and local/national safety codes, requirements and standards are being complied with within assigned area of responsibility.
- Responsible for supervising and directing contractor(s) in an Engineering Procurement and Construction Management (EPCM) supervisor capacity within the mechanical discipline.
- Ensure the most current design document specifying mechanical installation including pumps, rotors, rotating equipment, conveyors and pump motors is provided to subcontractor to complete work and that all design changes are approved prior to implementation.
- Monitor the activities of subcontractors to ensure compliance with specifications and schedules.
- Responsible for the cost, schedule and optimization of craft labor and maintaining the four week look ahead schedule for labor and equipment.
- Interface with Labor/Industrial Relations for craft recruitment and training programs.
- Approve subcontractor workforce requirements and review work accomplished by each craft.
- Review subcontractor craft time records using established automated tools.
- Review and approve major subcontractor equipment mobilization and demobilization.
- Responsible for implementing corporate project policies, procedures and instructions within assigned mechanical operations.
- Coordinate with the General Foreman to hire mechanical craft labor to execute work.
- Coordinate established area operational plans.
- Lead the preparation of the four week schedule and budget control with assistance from Project Controls.
- Provide input to quantity tracking application and report weekly installed quantities to Project Controls.
- Prepare material requisitions for tools and consumables and coordinate through Procurement to obtain these materials.
- Assist in performing construction testing as required.
- Prepare reports and forecasts, including summary of construction progress, craft personnel forecasts, and expenditures forecasts.
- Plan the manpower and equipment required to execute the job.
- Perform employee reviews and identify training and development opportunities for subordinate mechanical personnel.
- Perform other duties as required by Bechtel management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other relevant technical discipline from an accredited university as well as a minimum of nine years relevant work experience, or 15 years relevant experience in the absence of a degree.
- Knowledge of EPCM contract Management, and the Contractor(s) and their subcontractor’s (if applicable) responsibilities.
- Knowledge of construction technologies.
- Knowledge of supervisory functions relating to field activities.
- Familiarity with current industry quality standards.
- Demonstrated commitment to Environment, Safety and Health (ES&H). Demonstrable commitment to a Zero Accident safety program.
- Extensive experience in mechanical construction on large projects.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.