Mechanical Project Engineering (m/f)-TCOO-FRCP02230900
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as a Mechanical Project Engineering (m/f) in Crespin.
About the role:
– Interface problems are escalated, and detailed answers are provided for any Project Core Team requests, such as Variation Orders.
Key responsibilities and challenges:
– Ensure that committed Engineering Project Engineering deliverables to the Project are achieved within time, quality and budget and in line with legislation and safety
– Establish and maintain interfaces with other Engineering departments (Vehicle Design, System Engineering, Physical Integration, Product Integrity, Engineering
– Performance Office) & with relevant functions (Project Core Teams, Sales, Bids)
– Management and development of relevant skills within Project Engineering Department (workforce planning, performance management, career development, succession planning and recruitment)
– Continuous optimization of Project Engineering processes/tools/behaviors by considering business requirements, customer needs, technical innovations, and new market conditions
– Project status are known and managed at all times and critical paths, technical issues, risks are presented and dealt with in a timely manner
Previous experience in successfully leading major international Engineering projects
Experienced Manager within an international Engineering team
Engineering Graduate or equivalent. Chartered Engineer.
Strong experience in rail Project Engineering
Project Management knowledge
Experience in leading an Engineering team in matrix organization.
Strong experience in developing people and processes
Adaptive leadership skills and ability to motivate his/her team even in adverse circumstances
Solves complex problems; analyzes possible solutions using technical experience, analyzing tools and judgment.
Identifies optimal solutions and strategies to solve complex problems, provides a clear and logical course of action to ensure sustainability and mitigate risk
Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other teams whose work activities are closely related
Innovates and leads the way
Provides full engineering support on portion of larger/several projects or assignments
Demonstrates strong communication and diplomacy skills and the ability to guide influence and convince others.
Can be assigned as taskforce leader, and has the ability to collect, analyze and report in a structural and efficient way
Good planning and organization skills
Ability to negotiate
Demonstrates strong resilience and adapts to competing demands. Proactively adapts operational plans
Provide full engineering support to the section or project
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Job: Advance Engineering
Primary Location: FR-NPC-Crespin
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 21.04.2020, 2:03:50 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing