Why E. & J. Gallo Winery?
Named a Glassdoor “Best Places to Work” three years in row, we couldn’t be prouder of our company culture. As the largest family-owned winery in the world with over 100+ unique wine and spirits brands, our products are synonymous with life’s special occasions. Come celebrate with us! Your Talent & Gallo | A Perfect Pairing
As a Marketing Planning Manager, you will lead and manage external relationships with digital advertising agencies, media outlets, and promotional partners ensuring specific brand equities are communicated effectively and efficiently to consumers. In this highly collaborative role, you will work with the Brand Marketing Team to develop and deliver strategic and tactical media programs (digital, social, radio, TV, etc.) that align with consumer targets and brand plans.
What You Will Do
- Translates individual brands marketing objectives into campaign strategies and helps brands make investment decisions.
- Demonstrates strong understanding and sensitivity to the consumer journey and best opportunities to influence it.
- Maintains working knowledge and practical application of media research tools (IMS, MRI, Nielsen, ComScore, Simmons, etc.) with the ability to analyze syndicated research.
- Owns the development of communication plans, from inception through launch.
- Provides on-going support throughout an annual communication plan cycle for the briefing, development and execution of creative and media consumer tactics along with internal and external partners.
- Develops test and learn opportunities to input into enterprise wide learning and innovation programs.
- Partners with Marketing Activation teams and external partners to drive excellence in execution and identify optimization opportunities.
- Partners with the connected commerce team ensure that communications plans drive towards transaction and that shopper programs can be developed from core idea.
- Partners with Insights & Analytics teams to help evaluate effectiveness of overall communications plans to input into Brand Business Reviews.
Media & Channel Strategy
- Develops digital and media marketing strategy recommendations and presents them to the Brand Marketing teams.
- Continuously develops an understanding of digital and media technologies with an eye towards applying best practices to a Brand’s daily business.
- Maintains and develops an understanding of technology and its role in both in-store and out-of-store marketing.
- Ensures the Brand teams are using best practices for consumer acquisition.
- Engages in full-cycle management of communication plans.
- Participates in the development of long-term brand and portfolio communication marketing strategies and content development.
Performance and Effectiveness
- Analyzes data trends and agencies' client performance; develops strategic business plans to support marketing initiatives.
- Participates in department and interdepartmental planning and works cross-functionally to improve processes within the organization.
- Leverages analytics tools to interpret digital marketing metrics and develops recommendations to optimize ROIC.
- Works with brand teams to develop goals, KPIs, and reports for digital campaigns.
- Collaborates and consults with agencies and media outlets with the goal of expanding relationships and optimizing the investment of Digital Marketing and Brand Media plans.
- Maintains a strategic partnership with Gallo brand teams, other Gallo cross-functional teams and external agencies/media outlets to execute brand strategies for the Brand Teams.
- Interfaces, recruits and builds relationships with partner agencies and key media outlets to optimize spend and build best practices.
- Mentors team members and junior department members.
- Participates in the reviewing and evaluation of personnel.
What You Will Need
- Master’s degree plus 5 years of public relations agency, brand/corporate communications, sales, marketing account management, digital marketing, project manager or brand marketing experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; -OR- Bachelor's degree plus 7 years of public relations agency, brand/corporate communications, sales, marketing account management, digital marketing, project manager or brand marketing experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; -OR- Bachelor’s degree plus 6 years of Gallo public relations, marketing, or sales experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience managing relationships with the media or marketing agencies.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Experience delivering business presentations to organizational leaders.
- Experience managing and negotiating contracts with external vendors.
- Required to travel both domestically and internationally.
What Will Set You Apart
- Master’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, or Marketing plus 7 years of public relations agency management experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; -OR- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, or Marketing plus 9 years of public relations agency management experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience engaging in long-term brand building.
- Experience with successfully positioning products within highly-competitive categories; knowledge of how to synthesize research and information to create compelling marketing communications programs.
- Knowledge of marketing techniques and new product development/introduction.
- Knowledge of both federal and state laws as it relates to alcohol beverage promotions.
- Knowledge of Gallo’s Sales Distribution and external agency networks.
- Skilled in the use of MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel at an intermediate level.
- Skilled in reading, analyzing, and interpreting the most complex documents.
- Experience responding effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints from the media, clients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Experience writing speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style.
- Skilled in making effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and boards of directors.
- Experience applying principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Experience dealing with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Experience working with all levels and functions within the company.
- Experience demonstrating team building, leadership and mentoring skills.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Gallo will consider all qualified applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, consistent with the requirements of applicable law.