Requisition Number: 39151
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
As a leading developer, manufacturer, and global supplier of scientific laboratory products for 100 years, Corning’s Life Sciences segment collaborates with researchers seeking new approaches to increase efficiencies, reduce costs and compress timelines in the drug discovery process. Using unique expertise in the fields of materials science, surface science, optics, biochemistry and biology, the segment provides innovative solutions that improve productivity and enable breakthrough discoveries.
Scope of Position:
Corning Life Sciences is looking for a dynamic marketing professional to join our growing marketing communications team. If you’re passionate about transforming technical products and materials into a compelling marketing message, then this may be the job for you. The Corning Life Sciences marketing team uses integrated marketing communications to reach scientists working across all areas of research – from cancer to drug screening and cell therapy. We get excited about connecting scientists with the right solutions to further their research, while growing our business and market share. If you’re ready to be a part of a team of seasoned professionals who loves communications and getting creative, then learn more about the role below.
In this role, you will work with internal clients to develop integrated marketing communications strategies and tactics to support new and existing products, as well as key regional and CLS marketing objectives.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Works with commercial and business operations partners to develop marketing strategies for designated business groups
- Leads the execution and implementation of the tactical components of the plan
- Monitors spending to stay within budget
- Tracks results and reports back to the partners Lead Generation
- Working with business teams to develop a deep understanding of the buying journey and personas for assigned market segments.
- Working with marketing automation, web, and ecommerce specialists to develop lead generation and lead nurture strategies and tactics.
- Tracking results and optimizing programs, as necessary Demand Generation
- Working with the internal design team and, occasionally, outside agencies to develop advertising programs
- Collaborating with the digital marketing specialist to develop social media and search marketing programs
- Working with the digital content lead and the business to handle the website presence and assets Trade Show Messaging and Communications
- Developing integrated marketing communications programs that maximize attendance and engagement before, during, and after events utilizing email, social, web, and other channels
- Working with the Tradeshow team to develop booth layouts, in-booth messaging, and graphics
- Communicating tradeshow results, including number of leads, lead quality, etc., to internal clients Content Marketing Writing, editing, and proofreading sales collateral, application notes, and other marketing materials Brand Compliance Ensuring all campaign communications are in compliance with Corning and CLS Brand guidelines; consulting with Brand Management team, as necessary.
- International Support Supporting marcom counterparts in other CLS regions with information and materials that can be re-purposed for use in other geographies; participate in teleconferences.
- Attribution and return on investment tracking
- Becoming familiar with Corning’s customer relationship management and marketing automation tools.
- Providing relevant campaign metrics for internal clients, as well as return on investment analysis
- Up to 25%, Occasional travel to tradeshows and other Corning locations.
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
- Full-time with occasional requirements to work late to meet deadlines or to participate in international teleconferences.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Communications.
Required Years and Area of Experience:
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in a Marketing, Communications or Account Management role.
- Integrated marketing program experience.
- Familiarity with Life Sciences industry, other technical industry or willingness to learn
- Project management experience.
- Budget management experience.
- A strong desire to develop winning marketing programs.
- Digital marketing skills, especially email and web page content creation
- Good business judgment and the ability to work to budgets
- The ability to negotiate with, and manage, external vendors
Desired Experience / Qualifications / Skills:
- Familiar with marketing analytics.
- Ability to provide feedback for video script development and editing.
- Prior experience with social media content development.
- A willingness and ability to work under deadline pressure
- Confidence, tact, and a persuasive manner
- Good organizational and time management skills
- The ability to lead and motivate a team
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Results oriented.
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.