Why E. & J. Gallo Winery?
Named a Glassdoor “Best Places to Work” three years in row, we couldn’t be prouder of our company culture. As the largest family-owned winery in the world with over 100+ unique wine and spirits brands, our products are synonymous with life’s special occasions. Come celebrate with us! Your Talent & Gallo | A Perfect Pairing
As a Marketing Acquisition Manager, you will play a pivotal role in our growing e-commerce team as we look to utilize all channels to drive acquisition to our websites. You will drive acquisition marketing strategy from data informed insights while measuring effectiveness and new opportunities. You will partner with Gallo’s Brand Marketing team to develop and deliver strategic and tactical media programs (digital, social, radio, TV, etc.) that align with consumer targets and brand plans.
What You Will Do
- Manages and optimizes monthly marketing spend making every dollar count across all channels utilized.
- Determines Channel Mix and Content Strategies for E-Commerce presences across the winery inclusive but not limited to Search, Programmatic, Social, and Affiliate channels.
- Identifies content opportunities to recruit new users onto the platform.
- Presents quarterly updates to executive team on performance of acquisition campaigns.
- Delivers against KPI’s of maximizing revenue and customer lifetime value.
- Provides results and recommendations against new approaches, companies, technologies, sites, for cutting-edge programs across web, mobile, games and all digital extensions.
- Develops recommendations to reach new members through desktop and mobile campaigns, including creative and messaging strategy.
- Maintains agency relationships by setting goals, providing media assets, performance feedback, and managing budgets.
- Manages creative, ad, testing schedule to drive improved campaign results.
- Works with internal operations, merchandise, creative, and planning teams to maximize consumer acquisition through events.
- Works with content, development and product teams to ensure user experience is as frictionless as possible and makes recommendations to improve conversion rates at each step of the user flow.
- Works with internal cross-functional team leads for the development and deployment of campaigns.
- Demonstrates strong understanding and sensitivity to the consumer journey and best opportunities to influence it.
- Develops, tests and learns opportunities to input into enterprise wide learning and innovation programs..
- Serves as center of excellence for all DTC acquisition activity.
- Partners with Insights & Analytics teams to help evaluate effectiveness of overall communications plans to input into Brand Business Reviews.
- Maintains a strategic partnership with Gallo brand teams, other Gallo cross-functional teams and external agencies/media outlets to execute brand strategies for the Brand Teams.
- Interfaces, recruits and builds relationships with partner agencies and key media outlets to optimize spend and build best practices.
What You Will Need
- Master’s degree plus 3 years of public relations agency, brand/corporate communications, sales, marketing account management, digital marketing, project management or brand marketing experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; -OR- Bachelor's degree plus 5 years of public relations agency, brand/corporate communications, sales, marketing account management, digital marketing, project management or brand marketing experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; -OR- Bachelor’s degree plus 4 years of Gallo public relations, digital marketing, sales, or marketing experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience managing relationships with the media or marketing agencies.
- Experience in performance marketing and driving sales in e-commerce
- Demonstrated ability to manage a media budget across multiple channels.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Experience delivering business presentations to organizational leaders.
- Experience managing and negotiating contracts with external vendors.
- Required to travel both domestically and internationally.
What Will Set You Apart
- Master’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, or Marketing plus 5 years of public relations agency, brand/corporate communications, sales, marketing account management, digital marketing, project management or brand marketing experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; -OR- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, or Marketing plus 8 years of public relations agency, brand/corporate communications, sales, marketing account management, digital marketing, project management or brand marketing experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience engaging in long-term brand building.
- Experience in a digitally native business that primarily recruits new users through online channels.
- Experience in developing and optimizing content over the life of a campaign.
- Experience with successfully positioning products within highly-competitive categories; knowledge of how to synthesize research and information to create compelling marketing communications programs.
- Knowledge of marketing techniques and new product development/introduction.
- Knowledge of both federal and state laws as it relates to alcohol beverage promotions.
- Skilled in the use of MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel at an intermediate level.
- Skilled in reading, analyzing, and interpreting the most complex documents.
- Experience responding effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints from the media, clients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Experience writing speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style.
- Skilled in making effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and boards of directors.
- Experience applying principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Experience dealing with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Experience working with all levels and functions within the company.
- Experience demonstrating team building, leadership and mentoring skills.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Gallo will consider all qualified applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, consistent with the requirements of applicable law.