Requisition Number: 41141
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science, with a 166-year track record of life-changing inventions. Corning applies its unparalleled expertise in glass science, ceramics science, and optical physics, along with its deep manufacturing and engineering capabilities, to develop category-defining products that transform industries and enhance people’s lives. Corning Valor™ Glass is an example of a life-changing innovation purpose-built to store and protect injectable medicines. Corning is also a global leader in pharmaceutical tubing, manufacturing a variety of clear and amber glass tubing that is converted by our customers into vials, cartridges, ampules and syringes.
Scope of Position:
Provide on-shift technical support for the manufacturing process. Perform 1st level process and equipment troubleshooting. Assist the Manufacturing Team Leader with production system management.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Provide on-shift technical leadership
• Troubleshoot process and equipment issues
• Interpret engineering schematics and procedures
• Maintain production process; make repairs to equipment
• Adjust process parameters within established limits
• Execute experiments and engineering studies
• Perform and document preventative / predictive maintenance procedures
• Interface with Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
• Perform calibrations and process checks
• Publish production reports and shift turnover
• Minimal to none
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
• 40 hours/week with scheduled overtime
• Rotating Shifts weekly; day (7AM-3PM), evening (3PM-11PM), night shifts (11AM-7PM)
Required Education and Experience:
• AAS / or equivalent 2-year degree in Engineering Technology or related degree.
• Minimum 1+ years of manufacturing experience.
• Broad engineering skills (process, equipment, controls, robots)
• Strong knowledge of manufacturing and maintenance systems
• Disciplined problem solving
• Leadership – Providing direction to production associates
• Strong communication skills
• Flexible and adaptable; willing to work outside of role to move the team forward
• Familiar with Robotics and/or automation– operation and maintenance
• Experience with Computerized Maintenance Managements systems (CMMS)
• Willingness to work outside of role to move the team forward
• Experience with electrical preferred.
• Dependable, highly motivated self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision
• Flexible and adaptable; willing to work outside of role to move the business forward
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.