Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organisation:
The Manager Social Media develops the social media strategy for the BU, in order to drive engagement and excitement of the social communities. This would include driving the activation approach and working closely on the development and creation of social content.
- Develop the overall social strategy for the business unit, including content, social activation and storytelling framework.
- Work with Brand Management function to develop social activations and content for all brands digital and social networks.
- Drive global launch plans around key stories and content for the brand social platforms.
- Develop and the overall business unit voice and social publishing calendar.
- Maintain the relationship with regional and market stakeholders to ensure alignment of the global strategies on a local level and closely involving and the global newsroom network.
- Develop connection plans for further campaign initiatives between adidas.com and brand social networks.
- Develop outreach initiatives to strengthen the brand and business unit specific personality and voice within the industry.
- In partnership with the Digital Analytics team, establish relevant metrics to map the impact of social media activities and amend strategies based on learnings and patterns.
Limited Representational Authority (i.A.)
Brand adidas: Brand Management
Brand adidas: other BUs Brand Marketing
adidas Local Markets
adidas Finance / Controlling
External partners and key accounts
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good interpersonal/communication skills.
- Some experience in marketing campaign development and execution.
- Some experience as an interactive strategist, community manager or directly related experience.
- Ability to manage the implementation of a strategic campaign within the social media space.
- Some experience in social media moderation and conversation analysis.
- Natural story-teller and visual communicator.
- Understanding and some experience of the digital landscape and all social media channels.
- Organizational skills.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Degree in Marketing, Communications, PR or a related field. Master Degree / MBA a plus.
- 4+ years’ industry and / or relevant work experience.
- Fluent written and spoken English language skills.