Req. ID: 226985
As a Data Scientist at Micron Smart Manufacturing and Artificial Intelligence (SMAI) Innovation, you will be working in multidisciplinary projects with co-workers from different geographical locations to develop Smart Manufacturing solutions through Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. You will be analyzed the planning operational data and develop the AI/ML driven solutions using the cutting-edge techniques to optimize the manufacturing planning & operations. You will be collaborating with cross functional team worldwide to design and build state-of-the-art planning digital twin to better position Micron to win. You are required constantly to learn new front tier technology and creatively apply/deliver solutions to global operations to enable Micron to continue to lead in this competitive landscape.
- Work with global team of data scientists, data engineers, IT engineers, process and equipment engineers, process integration engineers, yield enhancement engineers, R&D, etc. in a collaborative manner to develop new end-to-end planning & operation solutions that improve output, quality, yield, manufacturing capability etc.
- Draw from a broad background of Big Data techniques in statistics, information technology, artificial intelligence, machine learning, reinforcement learning, data engineering, design of experiments, visualization, etc. to discover the insightful patterns in semiconductor manufacturing data
- Provide technology leadership to yield innovative differentiating solutions for smart manufacturing
- Work on projects and develop solutions that would be of high impact to various areas at all manufacturing fabs
- Use advanced AI/ML techniques like deep reinforcement learning to solve the complex problems, such as simulation-based fab scheduler optimization, planning optimization, and operation variability optimization, to improve planning and manufacturing operations.
- Create the decision support tools based on Digital Twin & AI models
- Work closely with IT and Supplier on data management, taking an idea, access and prepare necessary data, work with other data scientists to create machine learning models, develop it to an application with intuitive user interface, integrate with any pre-existing systems, demonstrate successful use cases and wins, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Data Science, Computer Science/Engineering, or a related field is required. PhD will be preferred.
- PhD in related field of Industrial Engineering, Data Science, Computer Science/Engineering, or related field is required.
- 3+ years of data science experience in semiconductor industries
- Strong technical knowledge on statistics, AI, ML
- Good knowledge in the modeling and simulation for digital twin and cyber physical system in conjunction with queuing theory and IE techniques
- Good knowledge in programming languages (e.g. C#/C++, Python, Scala, SQL, etc)
- Strong understanding of data engineering and Big Data infrastructure (Spark, Hadoop, HBase, Snowflake, MS SQL, Oracle DB, visualization tools – Tableau, Power BI, Python visualization library, Angular JS, Cloud-based ML/AutoML applications)
- Strong problem-solving skills with logical approach
- Passion and accountability for the environment you will be responsible for
- The proven ability and willingness to continuously learn and improve skills
- Effective oral and written communication in English with strong analytical, problem solving, multitasking and project management skills are essential on the job.
- Able and willing to travel overseas (minimum 25% or higher)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 or 208-368-4748 and/or by completing our General Contact Form
Keywords: Manassas || Virginia (US-VA) || United States (US) || Frontend Manufacturing || College || Regular || Engineering || #LI-RJ1 || Tier 5 ||