CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Network Planning & Access Management at CenturyLink is a forward-looking, proactive business management domain that maintains control the CenturyLink network and manages intrinsic risk associated with a multi-billion-dollar annual Expenses including Network Expense (NetEx) liability and Capital Expense (CapEx). The principle goal of the Network Planning & Access Management team is to maintain an efficient network that enables revenue while maximizing profit, margin and cash flow. The broader Planning team utilizes an array of techniques to deliver on this goal.
The Strategic Planning & Access Architecture team arm of the Network Planning & Access Management team helps establish the strategy& execution of that strategy for the Network Planning and Access Management leadership team to deliver on CenturyLink NetEx, Capital and operating expense, and revenue enablement objectives. This scope includes efficient alignment of all available assets ranging from fiber network, copper infrastructure, vendor partnerships leveraging 3rd party networks to help the business meet various Revenue Enablement, EBITDA improvement and Cash Flow objectives. This includes actions like market based strategy to enable various sales and network enablement functions, data analytics to help maximize return on business investment. The team also plays a key role in partnering with and supporting various teams across Network Planning and Access Management as well as across the broader business functions ranging from finance, sales, marketing, commercial teams, field operations and service delivery.
The Network Enablement Manager position is primarily focused on enabling all the various functions managed by strategic planning and access architecture team. This leader will manage, lead, mentor, and inspire a team of planners and/or program managers to identify, validate and project manage various initiatives like Network expansion, post sales large network enablement, supporting business needs in various IT development projects to ensure the deliverables are being met etc. The position requires exceptional interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills, a high comfort level with dynamically shifting priorities, and a curiosity and willingness to not only solve business problems but identify new business opportunities to drive business value. This position includes regular communication and interaction with multiple layers of CenturyLink up to and including the Senior Vice President & President layer.
Build and maintain a high-performance team:
o Hire and retain talent in the correct roles
o Set team and direct report performance management goals, monitor progress, and provide monthly feedback
o Delegate and hold direct reports accountable
o Empower direct reports to make decisions, act, and take appropriate risk
o Exemplify CenturyLink’s Unifying Principles (Fairness, Honesty & Integrity, Commitment to Excellence, Positive Attitude, Respect, Faith, and Perseverance)
* Develop, deploy, and/or oversee various programs and drive the appropriate actions to meet business targets
* Manage internal and external expectations across financial and operational activities. This includes but is not limited to financial and operational forecasting & gap analysis.
* Collaborate with peers, partners, and stakeholders to refine and enhance existing process and/or develop new processes to deliver on business objectives
* Act as liaison between business and IT business partners regarding tool development/enhancement
* Collect, organize, and analyze data to assess operational process and financial performance
* Collaborate with Network Planning and Access Management leadership to develop new opportunities to optimize the network, enable revenue, and maximize cash flow
* Prepare and present briefing materials for consumption by senior leadership up to the Senior Vice President layer
* Collaborate directly with CenturyLink sales teams to create and drive effective customer offer strategies.
* Manage several related but separate complex projects within the company at one time.
* Manage resource requirements and allocation
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of related work experience
* Minimum of 2 years of work experience in the telecommunications domain
* Minimum of 2 years of work experience in the off-net access domain
* Demonstrated capacity to focus and deliver on objectives in a dynamic, multi-faceted, fast-paced environment
* Exceptional ability to work effectively in groups with disparate priorities and operational targets
* Demonstrated ability to influence and collaborate across organizational boundaries
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
* Prior experience managing a reoccurring budget
* Comprehensive command of telecommunication circuit mediums, enabling equipment infrastructure, and access cost structures
* Above average Microsoft Office application skills, specifically in Excel and PowerPoint
* Team player with a passion for service
* Prior experience leading others through change
* Exceptional analytical skill and business acumen
* Prior experience developing and evaluating complex network performance criteria and measurement methods through statistical evaluation
* Bachelor’s degree fields of study including Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science, Economics, Finance, or Accounting
* Master’s degree in Engineering or Business Administration or equivalent
* Project Management Institute (PMI) project management certification
* Lean/Six Sigma belt certification
* 5+ years of work experience in the off-net access domain either in a Planning, Project Management, or Carrier Relations role
* Prior people management leadership experience including recruitment, on-/off-boarding, goal setting, and performance management
* Data analysis skills with a working-level proficiency in writing queries including “JOIN” and “UNION” commands to correlate data from disparate data sources
* “Expert-witness” level command of off-net access landscape and operating principles
* Demonstrated experience in developing, operating, and optimizing operational processes to deliver on operational and/or financial objectives
* Expertise in modeling and sensitivity analysis of multidimensional buying and/or commitment plans
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield
Requisition #: 222311
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.