- Responsible for improving productivity and efficiency at T1/T2.
- Support the regional supply chain with I.E. knowledge, advice & solutions to ensure Quality, Cost & Delivery KPI’s are maintained to a high standard.
- Drive Manufacturing Excellence strategy with efficiency management activities within the regional supply chain.
- Assist the supply chain to identify and evaluate manufacturing opportunities, utilize Industrial Engineering & Lean Manufacturing techniques that result in measureable and tangible efficiency improvement (e.g. reduced unit cost, improved quality and productivity).
- With support from the central M.E. team, be responsible for M.E. T1’s within the region.
- Monitor, direct & support the M.E. T1’s with their efficiency improvement activities.
- Ensure improvements are sustained through the introduction of work instructions, quality standards, workplace organisation, training records and performance measurement.
- Provide relevant training to the local M.E. T1 teams & LO teams.
- Assist the M.E. T1 with their GSD rollout & calibration of production environment to ensure accuracy of standard efficiency is within tolerance.
- Manage the GSD audit process in line with the GASA expectation & milestone evaluation.
- Responsible for driving improvements in Quality, Cost and Delivery across the business via the application of I.E. best practices and Lean Manufacturing activities.
- Deliver a standard platform for SMV based capacity planning and costing by developing & promoting GSD across the supply chain.
- Manage regular reporting & communication packages to M.E. Managers & Local Sourcing Teams.
- Actively participate in all M.E. Manager visits, term reviews & forums.
- Use industrial engineering techniques to develop positive change to current and existing processes throughout the T1 & T2 supply base.
- Assist when needed the Sourcing leadership to provide advice & drive change within the business.
- Interact with internal and external stakeholders to determine best production methods.
- T1 & T2 Business Partners
- LO/OC Management teams, Apparel Sourcing
- Continuous Improvement Training/Consulting Group
- SEA, GSP & SCI
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Requires a broad background in Industrial Engineering technology and application.
- Identify & evaluate problems and develop improvements to production, BOM utilisation, distribution, and standard work methods by using proven Industrial Engineering techniques.
- Expected to be able to utilize any recognized industrial engineering techniques effectively and to produce tangible results.
- Identifying, evaluating, and developing project solutions and recommendations for minimizing total operational costs.
- Project management skills.
- Must be able to influence others in a multi-culture environment
- Thorough understanding of work measurement and predetermined time system, such as GSD.
- Developing & implementing direct labour standards for costing, capacity planning, and evaluating performance where required.
- Recommend methods for improving operator efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities, such as restructuring job duties, reorganizing work flow, relocating work stations and equipment, and purchase of equipment.
Requisite Education and Experience/Minimum Qualifications:
- Degree in Industrial Engineering or relevant qualifications within the field of Industrial Engineering.
- Licensed GSD practitioner is a pre-requisite of this position.
- A minimum of 4-5 years of experience within an apparel manufacturing/industrial engineering environment.
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing and/or 6 Sigma
- Competency with Excel, Word, Access and MS Project is required.
- Excellent command of English (Reading, Writing and Speaking).