Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Toronto
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
Are you an energetic self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment? Interested in developing your career in Finance? Apply below!
What will your typical day look like?
As the finance partner and liaison to the Firm Tax team, the Manager is a key member of the Finance Controllership team, keeping Finance in the loop with various tax developments that could lead to risks and opportunities for the Firm. The Manager also leads the Firm’s statutory reporting and provides finance support to various tax / legal matters. In addition, the Manager will be supporting technical accounting matters and M&A transactions of the Firm.
The Manager is a part of the diverse Finance organization of about 200 people strong across Canada. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Controllership, you will be a Subject Matter Expert within the Controllership team of about 30 people. You will have the opportunity to mentor and coach junior staff.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
- Accounting designation (CPA, CA)
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience, including experience in a large corporation or public accounting firm
- Experience with statutory financial reporting and compliance
- Experience with month-end / year-end financial close and external reporting (MD&A / financial statements)
- Strong knowledge of ASPE and/or IFRS, with the ability to perform technical accounting research and draft memos as required
- Working knowledge and understanding of business taxes and their accounting (income tax, indirect taxes, withholding taxes, etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to tackle complex problems
- A self-motivated individual with the ability to work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in SAP would be an asset
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.