The Manager, Data Architecture is responsible for the growth and management of a team of developers and engineers who build and implement modern data warehouse solutions to support the business intelligence processes and procedures for the company. They work in close collaboration with data analysis teams, business users, project teams, and others to design, develop, and refine modern data strategies and solutions that strategically align to the BI needs across the portfolio. They will ultimately handle the design, validation and implementation of a new enterprise data warehouse infrastructure.
***This position has the option to work remotely.***
- Oversees the design, development, and implementation of a new, upgraded enterprise data warehouse in alignment with strategic objectives and organizational goals.
- Identifies and implements continuing improvements to maintain the highest level of integrity and accessibility for ongoing data needs.
- Develops and maintains relationships with other architects, developers, project teams, vendors, and business experts to ensure data management solutions are supporting and considered in any relevant development project.
- Coordinates team member selection and development and ensures team members comply with appropriate policies and procedures.
- Adheres to Suns Timekeeping Policy by reviewing, verifying accuracy, approving and submitting direct report(s) time recorded.
- Partners with Team Relations on team member counseling and recommendation of termination when appropriate.
- Conducts team member performance reviews and recommends compensation adjustments.
- Obtains a thorough understanding of Suns data and current-state data warehouse structures to complete analysis and identify dependencies and opportunities for improvement.
- Works in close collaboration with business experts, developers, analysts and project teams to understand data requirements, integration needs, constraints, and performance requirements.
- Oversees the creation of technical and design documentation that is thorough, accessible and continuously maintained.
- Collaborates with business leaders and the BI team to develop and implement data governance and data management strategies.
- Ensures data management platform and structure maintains compliance with industry best practices, SOX and other compliance requirements, SOD, audit logging, and data risk management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Data Management, Information Technology, Computer Science or related field (Required)
- 6 years of related work experience in data architecture, data management & development
- 3 years experience with database redesign & transition
- Hands-on design and development experience with multiple data technologies, including data warehouse, big data, data integration, and ETL
- Familiarity with data exploration/data visualization tools like Tableau, PowerBI, Looker, Chartio, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to develop reliable, secure, high-performing, and usable data management solutions
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex technical language and communicate concepts and problems into understandable terms for non-technical users
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Visio, and PowerPoint
- Prior experience in manufactured housing or real estate industry (Preferred)
- Prior experience with NetSuite, SAP, and/or Salesforce (Preferred)
- 6 years experience in database technologies – SQL Server, Oracle, SAP, etc. or experience using analytic SQL, working with traditional relational databases and/or distributed systems (Required)
- Advanced knowledge of database development and data management technologies, application development technologies & data integration technologies and processes
At Sun Communities, you will be part of an industry-leading organization where you will be challenged, inspired, rewarded and transformed. We place a high priority on our team members, and this is a big part of what sets us apart. We will ask you to give us your very best every day, and will challenge you with interesting work, stretch assignments, a collaborative and supportive work environment and plenty of learning and growth. In exchange, we will reward you with great pay, advancement opportunities, paid time off, great benefits, and flexibility.
- Comprehensive Medical and Prescription coverage with two PPO plan designs so you can choose the plan that best meets the needs of you and your family
- Comprehensive Dental Plan
- Voluntary Vision Plan with the option of electing coverage for you and your family members at affordable rates
- Voluntary Health and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Coverage
- 401(k) Plan with employer matching contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Identity Theft Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement program providing financial support to team members who further their formal education
- Site Rent Discounts for team members who live in our communities
- Paid Time Off including nine holidays, vacation, personal, sick time, bereavement and pay for jury duty