Lead and manage Letter Team to ensure effective and efficient operation, deliver quality services in accordance with the department’s quality objective and in line with the Company’s operating philosophy and principles.
Roles and Responsibilities
Ensure smooth operations of Letter Team.
- Assign duties and leaves properly.
- Customer enquiries, requests and complaints are handled effectively and efficiently.
- Sensitive complaints are properly managed.
- Team’s operations are in compliance with the documented procedures, service benchmarks, regulatory requirements, company’s policies and practices.
- Give appropriate advices or approval on customer requests in relation to policy matters with reference to applicable guidelines.
- Provide professional advice to working partners in relation to written enquiries.
- Review team’s workflow as well as operating systems regularly to ensure effectiveness in daily operations.
- Conduct investigation for complaint/non-compliant cases and report findings timely.
- Work across teams to provide one stop, one resolution services to customers.
Monitor team members’ performance, enhance their competencies and engagement.
- Ensure proper training and coaching are given to team members.
- Assign tasks according to competencies and monitor performance.
- Empower and develop team members through sharing, training, mentoring, coaching and counselling.
- Create opportunities and motivate team members to enhance competencies and performance.
- Coach and mentor high performers/potential talent in order to develop successors.
- Review performance with team members regularly through one-to-one or team meetings.
- Address and resolve team members’ conflicts and grievances.
- Lead team to work towards Company’s service direction and culture.
- Build up close and cordial relationship across teams to facilitate daily operations.
Quality Assurance with Continuous Improvement
Ensure service quality with continuous improvement.
- Ensure service standard, consistency, alignment and flexibility to accommodate customer’s needs.
- Empowerment cases are well justified and documented.
- Correspondence are prepared with quality and accuracy.
- Properly filing of written enquiries.
- Make market intelligence and benchmarking to ensure our services are competitive in the market.
- Collect customer feedback and take improvement actions where necessary.
- Review and update service manuals/guidelines regularly and where needed.
- Initiate and implement service enhancement items to uplift customer experience and operation efficiency.
Well plan resources and make flexible arrangement to meet business needs.
- Review resources regularly to ensure sufficient manpower.
- Ensure proper manpower arrangement.
- Identify gaps and find ways to remedy the situation.
Ensure quality reports are produced.
- Ensure reports are issued with accuracy and within timeframe.
- Analyze report data and findings. Identify areas for improvement. Suggest improvement action plans.
Provide advisory support across teams in respect of written enquiries.
- Share experience.
- Provide training and guidance.
- Hold and facilitate discussion.
- Provide constructive feedback and solutions.
Manage the relationship with working partners to ensure building of favourable relationship to facilitate task accomplishment.
- Mitigate team conflicts and communication problems.
- Maintain harmonious relationship.
- Be responsive to enquiries and requests.
- Balance the interests of different parties.
Perform other responsibilities and duties periodically assigned by superior(s) in order to meet operational and/or other requirements.
- University / College graduate with 8-10 years’ relevant experience, of which 2 years to be in supervisory / managerial positions.
- Passed in IIQE papers I, II, III & V
- Knowledge of life insurance
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Training and counseling skills.
- Service-oriented and self-motivated
- Able to work under pressure and willing to work over-time
- Positive to changes and challenges
- Proficient in both spoken and written English and Chinese, particularly in business writings
- Working experience in handling complaint investigation
- Good command of computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Chinese typing
(Candidates with less experience will be considered as Assistant Manager, Customer Service (Letter Team) )
We offer an attractive remuneration package to the successful candidate. Please submit your application by clicking “Apply Now” for our processing.
All personal information provided by applicant will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes. The personal information will be used strictly in accordance with AIA’s personal data policies, a copy of which will be provided upon request. It is possible that information about the applicant or the applicant’s application will be shared with AIA and its related companies. AIA will retain all applications for a period of up to 24 months after which the documents will be destroyed.