As a Manager, Consumer Acquisition at adidas, you are responsible for meaningful and effective growth of the database in Europe for both adidas and Reebok brands. Your role is to own and drive database growth and consumer onboarding performance metrics through developing and optimizing paid & organic acquisition campaigns across our digital and retail channels. You will work in collaboration with global teams and other business stakeholders and with your data-driven, continuous improvement approach you will contribute to identifying improvement opportunities that drive incremental value for our consumers and adidas alike. Using insights to drive decisions, leveraging global resources and driving a culture of excellence are just a few of the key activities that will be expected from this role.
You will need the understanding of how acquisition fits together across consumer engagement as a whole, but also be able to dive into the detail to get things done.
Scope: Accountable for meaningful and effective database growth in Europe. With a focus on driving key consumer KPI’s.
Plan Creation & Execution
- Driving insight driven and market-relevant plans to acquire new consumers into the database.
- Work with the wider Digital Activation teams to co-create & execute acquisition focused elements of the campaign calendar
- Partner with the .com and mobile app teams to identify opportunities to drive and evolve ‘always on’ mechanics to grow organic acquisition
- Identify needs for new capabilities in your area of responsibility and partner with D
product owners to capture requirements into the corresponding product backlogs.
- Work closely with the Consumer Analytics teams to derive actionable insights from data, using these insights to inform tactics to deliver and exceed against targets and KPI.s
- Partner with Retail teams to improve local data capture of consumers including but not limited to POS & instore wifi.
- Be the main functional counterpart for global stakeholders concerning market roll-outs or new functionalities in your area of responsibility.
- Manage acquisition budget, monitoring ROI.
Continuous Improvement & Success Measurement
- Champion a test and learn mindset within acquisition and cross functionally with stakeholders.
- Track performance against defined success KPIs. Optimize implementations based on results and insights.
- Actively monitor and analyze consumer data capture practices. Identify improvement opportunities and respective solutions.
- Conduct functional reviews involving all relevant stakeholders to collect appropriate feedback and define/enrich a backlog of improvements.
- Define change requests for new functionalities in sufficient detail for prioritisation and document their implementation and impact.
- Build the appropriate structure to be able to manage the team effectively, identify and develop the future talents, creating realistic succession scenarios for key positions.
- Ensure appropriate leadership skills are present at every level by creating a motivational and supportive work environment in which employees are coached, trained and provided with career opportunities through development.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate team workload and organizational efficiency with the support of data and team feedback and make appropriate changes in order to meet business needs.
- Provide team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and Europe objectives
- Degree with focus on Business Administration, Communication or IT or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of experience in an international / multi-market Digital and/or eCommerce environment
- Advanced knowledge in respective domain (Acquisition, Consumer Engagement, CRM, Digital Communication
- Hands-on experience with CRM / Digital marketing / Data Capture strategies and tactics
- Experience in managing highly complex processes, involving multiple teams in different geographies
- Experience in product management and/or working using agile/SCRUM methodologies
- Very good communication & negotiation skills, comfortable presenting complex topics to stakeholders at various organizational levels both in person and remotely
- Project management and project monitoring experience
- Documentation and ticketing tool knowledge (e.g. Confluence, Jira etc.)
- Fluent English both verbally and written
- Knowledge of other languages an advantage or an understanding of localization