Requisition ID: 114561
Career Group: Store Management
Job Category: Ontario Full-Service Store Operations
Part Time or Full Time: Full Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Ontario (CA-ON)
Location: 922 Mississauga Sobeys
Our family of 127,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton’s Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Work with the Store Manager to provide/ communicate strategic direction and vision for the store with direct accountability for their designated departments. Ensure operational excellence in retail merchandising, inventory management, and customer relations. Coach and develop Department Managers to provide superior customer service and shopping experiences through execution of strategy, customized for the local market, while achieving budgeted financial results.
• Create a coaching and development culture for all store employees, with direct accountability for designated departments, which embraces a passion for food
• Oversee talent management, for designated departments, including recruitment, succession planning, orientation, training, performance management, and compensation
• Manage store operations in the absence of the Store Manager
• Work with the Store Manager to communicate operational requirements, operational changes, and store vision throughout the total store
• Understand and respond to local market needs and competition
• Ensure superior execution of the retail commercial programs and provide feedback and recommendations to appropriate parties
• Role model, coach, and reinforce customer service expectations on a daily basis for all staff
• Ensure community presence by working with store management and community partners to host/ support community events
• Create a shopping experience that engages your customers in a way that enhances loyalty, sales, and profit
• Execute winning conditions
• Execute SMART Initiatives
Policy/ Regulatory Adherence
• Ensure all applicable company policies and procedures are communicated and adhered
• Ensure that OH&S, food safety, and other regulatory requirements and procedures are implemented and maintained
• Ensure efficient operation of the business to achieve all financial targets and deliver on budgeted KPIs; with direct accountability for designated departments
• Participate with the Store Manager on plans to deliver budgeted KPI’s for other areas of the store
• Manage training budget for total store if required
Personal/ Professional Development
• Thoroughly understand all relevant company programs
• Attend training as required
• Maintain knowledge of current industry trends
• Be known as the “employer of choice” by actively supporting an environment of employee engagement
• Order equipment and EMR
• Coordinate maintenance of store equipment and repairs
• As requested by the company
• Above average oral and written communication skills
• Full knowledge of retail operations and skills
• Proficient use of Microsoft office suite
• Working Knowledge of SAP
• High School Diploma
• Three to five years experience as a Department Manager
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.