SSC Services for Education is known for our expertise, commitment, and value; and we at SSC truly believe that our people are our greatest asset. By utilizing our associates’ knowledge and experience alongside SSC’s extensive training, providing supportive management, and offering unparalleled wage and benefit packages as well as career advancement opportunities, we have developed a workforce that differentiates us from our competitors.
SSC Services for Education is a Nationwide Best in Class Facility Service Provider. As a member of Compass Group, North America, we want you to be as great as you can be. We empower our associates to direct their own future, keeping them confident that we support them every step of the way. As a result, our associates embody greatness through their actions, natural passion for quality, and a can-do attitude. The opportunity for greatness is real at SSC and throughout the Compass world.
The Maintenance Supervisor will manage a zone maintenance shop at our client's facility – Texas A&M University. This position directly supervises the work of a group of technical and building staff.
- Manages, directs, and schedules work activities of skilled and semi-skilled trades’ craftsmen.
- Assigns work to direct reports.
- Coordinates building maintenance requirements with proctors of assigned buildings.
- Plans jobs to be done and monitors work in progress.
- Instructs direct reports in new techniques and procedures.
- Inspects completed jobs.
- Supervises the preparation of timekeeping records and reports.
- Plans and supervises a progressive preventive maintenance program.
- Requisitions spare parts.
- Determines material and manpower requirements.
- Assists craftsmen on solutions to difficult problems.
- Gives on-site supervision over hazardous or unusual work assignments.
- Estimates time and materials required for projected jobs.
- Keeps records and submits reports.
- Performs a variety of building services’ duties
- Responds to emergency problems in the facility.
- Maintains logs, performs rounds, and schedules direct reports on maintenance work orders, tests, and inspections.
- Maintains facility and campus grounds, shops and mechanical areas in a clean and safe manner.
- Serves as a member of facility’s emergency response team.
- Performs related and other departmental duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred
- Five years’ experience in mechanical, electrical, building or other skilled trade supervision.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Use of personal computers and associated software including facilities management and renovation and scheduling programs.
- Ability to use tools, machines, equipment and materials of the mechanical, electrical and/or building trades.
Apply to SSC today!
SSC is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 393116
KELLY L LUQUE