Auto req ID: 3301
Title: Maintenance Mechanical (Labor Pool)
Job Function: Manufacturing
Company: Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Full or Part-Time:Full Time
Shift: Labor Pool
Wage: $40.04 per hour
At Harley-Davidson, we are building more than machines. It’s our passion and commitment to continue the evolution of this storied brand, and heighten the desirability of the Harley-Davidson experience. To keep building our legend and leading our industry through innovation, evolution, and emotion we need the best and brightest talent. We stand for the timeless pursuit of adventure. Freedom for the soul. Are you ready to join us?
Our Powertrain Operations facility, located on Pilgrim Road in Menomonee Falls, WI, is where the “Jewel” of the Motorcycle comes to life. Pilgrim Road employees produce engines and transmissions for the final assembly plant in York, Pennsylvania, as well as replacement parts for sale through Harley-Davidson Genuine Motor Parts and Accessories business.
Join our team as a Maintenance Mechanic and help build the worlds most sought after Motorcycles. Here are some of the things you will do:
- Support the production operation by providing immediate response to all breakdowns to minimize CNC equipment downtime and follow all escalation processes as defined.
- Utilize advanced welding techniques to repair machine components.
- Ensure machine availability goals are met by participating in and organizing Root Cause Analysis and Continuous Improvement activities to increase equipment up time.
- Assist in training employees in production roles to perform simple Maintenance tasks as associated with Total Productive Maintenance (TPM).
- Perform routine Preventive Maintenance (PM) activities.
- Perform Predictive Maintenance (PdM) activities, Vibration Analysis and Ultrasonic leak detection.
- Troubleshooting and repair of automated equipment including Robotics, Gantries, Conveyor systems and part washing machines.
- Spindle rebuild and balancing of components and sub-assemblies
- Repair and Maintenance of Assembly line equipment.
- Operate necessary material handling equipment to transport supplies and to make installations and repairs with associated rigging.
- Precision alignment and scraping.
- Machine Tool leveling and geometries.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Journey-level card as a Maintenance Mechanic, Industrial Mechanic, Machine Repair, CNC Service Technician, or equivalent experience.
Five (5) years of CNC machine repair experience including:
- Troubleshooting and repair of CNC metal working equipment, Horizontal Machining Centers, Vertical Machining Centers, Slant Bed Lathes, Twin Spindle Lathes, Gear Hobs, Gear Shapers, Grinders, and Hones.
- A good understanding of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Operating manual metal working equipment such as: Drill presses, Mills, Lathes, and Grinders to make or modify machine replacement parts.
- Interpreting prints of machine assemblies, layouts, hydraulic and pneumatic systems for troubleshooting and repair.
- Utilizing Microsoft Office and Computerized Maintenance Management System (SAP), or equivalent program.
Post job offer screening includes successful completion of a drug screen, physical, post offer employment test (POET), and background check. The POET will include items such as cardiovascular intake, range of motion measurements, hand grip and pinch strength testing, static lifting, pushing and pulling at various heights and positions, dynamic lifting with progressive weight loading, functional dexterity testing and positional tolerance testing.
We offer an inclusive compensation package for all full-time salaried employees including, but not limited to, annual bonus programs, health insurance benefits, a 401k program, onsite fitness centers and employee stores, employee discounts on products and accessories, and more.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Direct Reports: No
Travel Required: 0 – 10%
Visa Sponsorship: This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
Relocation: This position is eligible for domestic relocation assistance (within posted country)