Job Req ID: 203913
Position Number: 00139611
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: 1st shift, Mon-Fri, 7am-3:30pm
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: Maintenance – Plant Operations
Location: Atrium Health Union
Location Details: Atrium Union, 600 Hospital Dr., Monore, NC 28112
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Performs all functions essential to the position. Informs appropriate leader of equipment failures/outages. Identifies abnormal conditions such as equipment failures and power outages and takes steps to limit damage and initiate necessary repairs. Ensures all paperwork/logs/reports are maintained and reported.
- Inspects equipment and facilities for proper operations and working conditions.
- Maintains records and determines types of malfunctions of equipment and makes adjustments, repairs, replaces parts, and reports serious problems to supervision.
- Operates and maintains steam boilers, hot water boilers and heat exchangers. Makes necessary adjustments to ensure proper steam pressure, water flow, water-level and proper operations of all safety devices and auxiliary equipment.
- Services and repairs heating, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment including fans, motors, thermostats, dampers, fire-controlled dampers, and regulating controls. Services and repairs steam, gas, water and sanitary plumbing pipes and fixtures. Responds to trouble calls and follow all policies and procedures when visitors and teammates are stuck in an elevators.
- Performs a variety of preventive maintenance on assigned equipment.
- Serves as first responders to all fire and odor calls. Has knowledge of fire extinguishers, fire alarm systems, computer system, fire pumps and controls, dry stand pipes in parking decks, zone valves shut off and sprinkler systems.
- Performs documentation of timesheets and work orders using computer systems. Fully utilizes the computerized maintenance management work order system.
- Observes and follows all safety and security regulations, department and hospital policies and procedures.
- Self-assesses tasks and priorities.
Must be mobile and have the ability to access rooftops and crawl spaces. When performing diagnosis, maintenance, and repair of assigned equipment, will frequently be required to climb, lift, crawl, bend, squat, and kneel to access job. Must be able to transport up to 75 pounds while taking materials and/or tools to and from the worksite. As a member of the emergency response team, must be able to quickly access emergency response sites and assist in the evacuation and transport of others who are unable to transport themselves.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Vocational or technical school certificate preferred. Building Maintenance experience with a working knowledge of major physical plant systems required. Three yearsï¿½ experience with steam boilers, chillers, emergency generators, air handling equipment and associated equipment preferred. Healthcare experience preferred. Valid driverï¿½s license.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer