Requisition No: 154163
Agency: Agriculture and Consumer Services
Working Title: MAINTENANCE MECHANIC – 42000534 1
Position Number: 42000534
Posting Closing Date: 09/28/2020
FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE AND CONSUMER SERVICES
DIVISION OF MARKETING AND DEVELOPMENT
***OPEN COMPETITIVE OPPORTUNITY***
Fred Irwin, (813) 359-2620
Two (2) years of experience in the maintenance and repair of buildings, plumbing or electrical or mechanical equipment.
Vocational/technical training in mechanical repair or one (1) of the building trades can substitute at the rate of 720 classroom hours for a maximum of one (1) year of the required experience.
Requires possession of a valid Driver License.
To be considered for a position with the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services:
- All fields in the Candidate Profile must be completed.
- Work history, hours worked, and formal education fields must be filled out to determine qualifications for this position.
- Responses to Qualifying Questions must be verifiable in the Candidate Profile.
The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services values
and supports employment of individuals with disabilities. Qualified
individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Occasional travel required
Make minor carpentry repairs. Make minor roofing repairs. Make minor electrical and plumbing repairs. Install, maintain and repair buildings’ electrical and mechanical equipment.
Repair, prepare and paint interiors and exteriors of buildings.
Operate and maintain yard maintenance equipment, mow grass, and operate lawn sprayers on market property.
Trim and remove weeds and trees. Maintain market grounds by emptying trash barrels/cans, collecting and disposing of discarded debris and repairing fences.
Perform various cement/concrete work and perform minor welding/brazing. Make minor asphalt repairs.
Maintain and make minor repairs to market vehicles.
Maintain inventory of building, maintenance, cleaning and restroom supplies. Maintain, operate and keep inventory of shop tools. Clean and stock public restrooms.
Complete other assignments as directed by the supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of general principles of carpentry, masonry, electricity, plumbing and mechanical work, using safety procedures required in maintenance and repair work.
- Skilled in welding and brazing.
- Skilled in using tools and equipment required in maintenance and repair work.
- Ability to read blueprints and take accurate measurements.
- Ability to make accurate mathematical calculations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, establish and maintain effective working relationships with others, and to follow instructions.
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate work assignments, and work independently.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, candidates eligible for Veterans’ Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply. Candidates claiming Veterans’ Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans’ Preference documentation requirements are available by clicking here. All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement.